Come on RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a '12 and really like the way it looks/functions but i also like new tech and gadgets , that's what I really can't wait for ; factory HIDs, (my factory headlights were terrible) new tech especially in the cab, really curious to see what the redesign will bring tech/feature wise

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a '12 and really like the way it looks/functions but i also like new tech and gadgets , that's what I really can't wait for ; factory HIDs, (my factory headlights were terrible) new tech especially in the cab, really curious to see what the redesign will bring tech/feature wise

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Im interested to see the new 2017 power wagon. I think that will tempt me to upgrade towards the end of next year

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen a 2017 PW. The regukar version looks like a Rebel, and the Laramie version looks the same as last year. IMO

Haven't warmed up to the Rebel still, but like the Laramie version. :)

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen a 2017 PW. The regukar version looks like a Rebel, and the Laramie version looks the same as last year. IMO

Haven't warmed up to the Rebel still, but like the Laramie version. :)

That's the one I want. The regular version. Where did you see it?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I like the new F150 redesign. If only they weren't that expensive I would jump ships. :crazy:

But Still happy with my 2015 so far
When comparing the Ram Limited to the F-150 Platinum the prices are very similar. I paid 57K for mine, but the platinum was 58k.

What the platinum had that my Ram didn't:

Power side steps, double sized sunroof, massaging seats, and a power tailgate. Maybe on the lower trims there's a bigger difference, but on the higher ones it's very similar.
The biggest issue its still a ford............ and the newer grills out on the limited and rebel are extremely ugly. I think ram would have to knock it out of the ball park to get the majority of us to atleast look at a change

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Well..you're ugly! Haha, they'll grow on you! I wasn't a huge fan, but after owning it for a while I'm loving it!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I built one on the Ram webpage and a dealer near me has one on the lot.

I just built one too lol.

I really like the power wagon tradesmen. Im not interested in all the extra options on the inside so I'm fine with it being basic.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the new F150 redesign. If only they weren't that expensive I would jump ships. :crazy:

But Still happy with my 2015 so far

They are priced option for option nearly the same as a Ram?

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new F-150 looks pretty good, but not for the price.

I have had a 2008, 2010, and now a 2014 RAM, and I still love the looks of them over Ford and Chevy. The new Chevys, to me, are just VERY unattractive! It is so very square....

I'll keep my RAM!

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally think our newer Rams beat ford or chevy when it comes to look both exterior and for damn sure interior with our laramie longhorn edition. and in comparison Ram is more affordable than having to get a second mortgage just to drive a new Ford.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Meh. Personally I hate the look of the F-150 every generation. This new one is no different. Ugly grills, weird side profile, and weird tailgate. Now they are even copying Toyota's new tailgates with the imprinted "F-150" on the back.

As for the RAM design, I love the current generation and am glad they don't change it every 2 years like Ford seems to do. The 4th gen RAM has been the best looking truck on the market since its release in my opinion and played a big role in my decision to buy a RAM last year. They are just great looking trucks.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had a 2008, 2010, and now a 2014 RAM, and I still love the looks of them over Ford and Chevy. The new Chevys, to me, are just VERY unattractive! It is so very square....

Completely agree about the look of the Chevy/GMC trucks. I hate them. So ugly. Could be the best performing truck in the world by a long shot and I still don't think I could own one because I'd walk out to my driveway every morning and have to look at its ugly face lol

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Completely agree about the look of the Chevy/GMC trucks. I hate them. So ugly. Could be the best performing truck in the world by a long shot and I still don't think I could own one because I'd walk out to my driveway every morning and have to look at its ugly face lol

I always thought my 15 Silverado was a good looking rig. The styling reminded me of the 1989 k1500 i had years ago.

That said, i do love the looks of my ram best and am glad dodge has kept that "big rig" styling they debued in 1994.

The styling of my 2017 reminds me of my 1997 2500 and i love that

16'EcoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only bought a ram because it's the only light duty diesel worth talking about. Build quality, quality control is a absolute joke and long term reliability is a concern. That said my experience with company Ford diesels has not been good either, with a almost 50% failure rate on a fleet of 2012-2013 6.7's under 120k miles. Either way I'm happy to see announcements for new light diesel vehicles and hope they make it to market. The dieselgate scandal, EPA holding back all 2017 light duty diesels, accusations of ecodiesel cheating emissions/lawsuit filed has had me worried. After 26-28 mpg summer and 20-22 winter in my 6,000lb 4x4 ecodiesel I don't want to be forced back to a gas pig.

Edit to add. I personally don't like any of the new truck looks, but if I had to pick a winner I'd still say ram.

KingTuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I read that all the F-150s in 2018 and up will be utilizing the stop/start system and will cut off at red lights, etc. I'm staying as far away from this kind of technology as I can, just seems like more expensive crap for the dealer to fix.

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like someone here said seems like the f150 is changing the front end look more than their underwear but in my opion is that dodge really carved out a great look and have a fantastic platform that from what i am told in has been out selling the other 2 i know where i live in alberta you see more dodge or ford than chevy and when i use to work in the patch i saw way more dodge than anything. I think the ram has a great stance an agressive look right off the lot and really i dont buy my trucks for looks because i can always change the cosmetics i got my 2500 for power. Reliability and function i really like cummins over power stroke or duramax and i have lots of customers with new comparable 2500 in both ford and chev and we have simmilar driving habbits and i crush them in fuel economy and power so i dont know its my opion but id hope when buying something made to work it would be picked over capability and not esthetics

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
One of the reasons we bought our 2500 last month was due to thought that they may redesign soon. I like the Ram as it is. To be fair, I did try to look at Fords a few times and every time the salesperson acted like he was doing us a favor by being in his presence. I wasn't much of a fan to begin with and I'm still in a Ram.