2 inch front leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.V.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to the forum and had a question about leveling my 2015 ram 1500. I'm thinking about having les Shwab install a 2" front only leveling kit. My question is would it look weird with stock tire size? I put bf all terrain ko2 when I first bought it and I wanna wear them out first. Any thoughts?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Will a leveling kit void your warranty?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

AKsBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 8 Speed - E85 Option
Ditto!

I'm new to the forum and had a question about leveling my 2015 ram 1500. I'm thinking about having les Shwab install a 2" front only leveling kit. My question is would it look weird with stock tire size? I put bf all terrain ko2 when I first bought it and I wanna wear them out first. Any thoughts?

Doing the same with my 2015, except I am thinking about 2.5 in the front, the difference is 3" when measured at stock. Also, thinking of doing it myself to save the money of install. How much is Les gonna charge you to install? (I miss Les, used to live in Oregon, they are not the staple around here in SO. Cal)

Also, I don't think it will look "weird", but you will definitely want some more aggressive tire to fill that void. My truck came stock with 20" wheels, so i am already half way there. I am at 36k miles on stock tires, and almost ready for new ones. At that time I will be going other 33" M/T tires.

I have read you can go 35", but just want a more aggressive tough look for the rig. Don't need anything too drastic here in So.Cal.

What leveling kit were you looking at?

OP
OP
J.V.

J.V.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called the dealer and they said it wouldn't void the warranty as long as nothing is cut or welded. I don't remember the name of the leveling kit les shwab uses either. The guy I talked to says he uses that kit at least once a week on a ram and never had any issues with anyone returning. It's going to cost 250 with alignment. I didn't think that was a bad price. Aren't the stock 275/60/r20 around a 33inch that's what I have

freefallin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out the Bilstein 5100's, they are adjustable. The ride will improve dramatically.

OP
OP
J.V.

J.V.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just looked at the bilstein 5100. Would my ride be compromised much with the 2" level?

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just looked at the bilstein 5100. Would my ride be compromised much with the 2" level?

Nope it's actually improved with these. I just got my truck back from the shop and even at 2.8" of lift, the ride quality is night and day compared to the OEM suspension.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As already mentioned, Bilstein 5100's are a far better option for leveling than any spacer type kit. Especially on a 2013+ truck where the ball joints are prone to popping out of the UCA when overextended. Check out the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature for more information.

Back to your original question. No, I don't think it will look weird with stock tires. Sure they'll be a little small but it will still be better than stock. I ran a 2.5" leveling kit on my old 2012 1500 with the stock 17's and 265/70/17's for a number of months before I got new wheels and tires.

477088_10151344635065064_1702807546_o.jpg

Your BFG's should be taller than those and fill up the wheel well more.

OP
OP
J.V.

J.V.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looked into the bilstien 5100 and called around town here . I'm looking around 500-550 bucks purchased and installed. Does that seem about right to you guys? Anyone here have significant problems with your suspension with just a leveling kit?

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2" spacer is a much cheaper route. Also when people say the ride is "better" then OEM that is preference. Some like a stiff ride that Bilstein provides. I personally do not care for a stiff ride. If I did I would have bought a 2500. Also if your truck plans on being a street princess the Bilsteins are over kill. And as far as your stock tires looking to small, once again preference. Some like the "stuffed" look. others don't. It's your truck, who cares if others think the tires look to small or to big.

freefallin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2" spacer is a much cheaper route. Also when people say the ride is "better" then OEM that is preference. Some like a stiff ride that Bilstein provides. I personally do not care for a stiff ride. If I did I would have bought a 2500. Also if your truck plans on being a street princess the Bilsteins are over kill. And as far as your stock tires looking to small, once again preference. Some like the "stuffed" look. others don't. It's your truck, who cares if others think the tires look to small or to big.

In my case, the Bilsteins have made my truck feel more planted and well behaved as the "street princess" that she is.

The OEM shock is simply not designed for a truck, let alone a spacer. The OEM shocks would bottom out easily and were bouncy. Any bump in the road at highway speeds would unsettle the suspension causing the bounce mid corner.

Comparing a 2500 to a Bilstein 5100-leveled 1500? My '16 2500 CTD rode much "stiffer" than my leveled 1500.

To the OP: IMO Get the Bilsteins if you can, for the money it is the best option when leveling.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Looked into the bilstien 5100 and called around town here . I'm looking around 500-550 bucks purchased and installed. Does that seem about right to you guys? Anyone here have significant problems with your suspension with just a leveling kit?

That sounds about right. The set of Bilstein 24-187367 are typically around $230 shipped. So with about 2.5 hours of labor and an alignment $500-550 is right in the ball park.

In the long run spacers have the tendency to cost more than Bilstein 5100's. They're far more likely to have issues with the upper ball joint popping out which will then cost you more money for new UCA's etc. That does depend on the truck obviously but for 2013+ trucks that is often the case.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I put the spacer on mine. I don't see it being a big problem, maybe if your going off road. There are dealers that install them on new trucks. I wanted
Mine raised in the front because the front air damn would drag on some curbs. I'm going to raise the back 1 in. I don't want it nose high when towing the boat. I don't see anything wrong with the bilstein, more work and cost for me. Spacers installed by me in around a hour or so. 50 bucks.

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The total cost for my 5100s not including the free alignment package I have at Firestone was about $565 since this shop charged me 3 labor hours. Yeah I might've paid a smaller premium, but I'd much rather pay for a better quality product with Bilstein compared to higher liability with other options out there. To each his own.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In my case, the Bilsteins have made my truck feel more planted and well behaved as the "street princess" that she is.

The OEM shock is simply not designed for a truck, let alone a spacer. The OEM shocks would bottom out easily and were bouncy. Any bump in the road at highway speeds would unsettle the suspension causing the bounce mid corner.

Comparing a 2500 to a Bilstein 5100-leveled 1500? My '16 2500 CTD rode much "stiffer" than my leveled 1500.

To the OP: IMO Get the Bilsteins if you can, for the money it is the best option when leveling.

The stock shocks are of course designed for a truck, a heavy truck. You can't just say things because you have opinions, opinions would be " I don't think those shocks should have been used on a truck " , instead you insert something as if you know they weren't designed that way. that's just false, the logic is false, the statement is false. :flipthebird:

freefallin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The stock shocks are of course designed for a truck, a heavy truck. You can't just say things because you have opinions, opinions would be " I don't think those shocks should have been used on a truck " , instead you insert something as if you know they weren't designed that way. that's just false, the logic is false, the statement is false. :flipthebird:

LOL I can't believe this dude isn't banned yet.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the factory shocks are designed for pavement queens and make the truck handle like garbage.

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Here is my 2015 with a 2.5inch MaxTrac level, stock size, with BFGKo2.

Get the Maxtrac as it avoids the ball joint issue with a two piece install.

Attachments

• 2015-05-30 16.58.29.jpg
    2015-05-30 16.58.29.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 2015-06-15 13.19.05.jpg
    2015-06-15 13.19.05.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 141

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sounds about right. The set of Bilstein 24-187367 are typically around $230 shipped. So with about 2.5 hours of labor and an alignment $500-550 is right in the ball park.

In the long run spacers have the tendency to cost more than Bilstein 5100's. They're far more likely to have issues with the upper ball joint popping out which will then cost you more money for new UCA's etc. That does depend on the truck obviously but for 2013+ trucks that is often the case.

Not all spacers. The Maxtrac system avoids this.