RA2-5.0 Radio/OEM CD Player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
My question is:

Can a OEM CD player be added to the RA2 5.0 radio with a dealer flash?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes as lonestar stated it can be added and was an available option with the RA2. My truck came with the RA2 and a CD player. I would recommend going to the dealer to verify before you purchase the CD player just to be sure but the code should be there.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have the CD player but find it somewhat useless. Not because I don't really have CDs anymore, more so because of where it's located. Right below the middle seat. Kinda not the easiest to access lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with you on that one. I'm not sure where a better place to put it would be but it is a major pain to get to it where it is now,especially when you're driving.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Thanks everyone. I did the center console swap, it has the CD player in the console. :Big Laugh:

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Make sure you report after getting the code added at the dealership. I have a center console I picked up with the CD player. Wasn't going to bother with it but if it can be added without having to add wiring. Just a code added at the dealer. I'll do that since I've got it

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if your cd console came with wiring harness just plug the factory grey media plug into the console harness.and you should have power ie lights and a cd will load into the cd player.you just won't have control over it .my dealer charged 65.00 for the flash.i already had a factory floor console no cd and just bought a factory cd harness an a used cd player.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
You should have power ie lights and a cd will load into the cd player.you just won't have control over it .my dealer charged 65.00 for the flash.

Yeah, it lights up and will accept a CD, so that's all good. Do You know what the code was by chance?

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Is there an aftermarket setup that let's us add our own code? Got my center console installed no problem. CD player does light up & accept a CD. Won't play through the radio. So I just need to get the dealer to add the code & I should be good?

dsexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RC Express (sold) 2017 Ram RC Express
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like a good idea. Anyone know if an Express is pre-wired for it?

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you have power to the cd player a dealer flash is all you need.cheapest way to go also.the only other way to add a cd player is the add on kit that is out there but it uses a conversion harness between the radio and has a little black box it hooks up to its about 400.00.obd genie might do it but that would be 200.00.

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
well let me correct myself after looking at least express up trucks are prewired for a cd player sort of.if you have no console they are prewired up to the connector under the seat if you have a console they are prewired up to the connector to the front of the console.thats where the sub harnesses come in.the sub harnesses are wired for your trucks options so you would have to have the correct sub harness wired for a cd player to have all the wires you would need.the correct sub harnesses just plug in. they range from about 75.00 to 120.00.when i added my cd harness for the console it was like 84.00.

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys how did you make out with the dealer flashing the code? I did a center console swap. I know have the jumpseat in 2015 ram with RA4 8.4 radio. The cd has power, lights up and accepts and ejects the cd player. Brought it to the dealer yesterday and told them about sales code RH1. They couldnt do it!?! Makes no sense to me!?!

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
I just had mine flashed by the dealer two weeks ago. 2015 Express, so it is possible.