Dashboard sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steelsavior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,
I keep getting a little dashboard sound from my dashboard area. Usually it is to tell me i'm low on fuel, or check engine, or whatever, but there is nothing there. All the gauges look normal. I don't know where this sound is coming from. It's a 2005 Dodge Ram, 5.7Hemi sport edition.
Can i get some help?
Thanks
Steel

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
I don't know where this sound is coming from.

Not to be pedantic, but this reads like you want to know where the chime emanates from rather than why it's chiming. Assuming you mean the latter, that's a tough issue to resolve.

It might be a worn part or loose connection. I have something like this happen with my turn signal stalk. I hit a large pothole and sometimes the wipers cycle one pass. So it literally could be anywhere that has a circuit going through the instrument panel. And it could be there is a bulb burned out in the panel that isn't allowing a visual alert to identify the issue.

You might try searching here for the gauge cluster test and see if there's a chime. Otherwise, maybe go to a parts house and ask them to scan your truck. There might be a fault code logged. Good luck.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not to be pedantic, but this reads like you want to know where the chime emanates from rather than why it's chiming. Assuming you mean the latter, that's a tough issue to resolve.

It might be a worn part or loose connection. I have something like this happen with my turn signal stalk. I hit a large pothole and sometimes the wipers cycle one pass. So it literally could be anywhere that has a circuit going through the instrument panel. And it could be there is a bulb burned out in the panel that isn't allowing a visual alert to identify the issue.

You might try searching here for the gauge cluster test and see if there's a chime. Otherwise, maybe go to a parts house and ask them to scan your truck. There might be a fault code logged. Good luck.

You're being pedantic. He wants to know why it is chiming, not where exactly the chime noise is coming from. He can't figure out where it's coming from.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Probably so; given my work, I take the written word literally. Still, I did allow for that and offered some ideas. :favorites13:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have an intermittent lamp out going on? Mine would do it for a while then finally light up the lamp out indicator. Friggin crap taillight circuit boards...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963