Problem with vent selector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstef9512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 slt and the air doesn't blow out of the vent I have selected. For example if I wanted to use my defroster I would have to put the selector on the foot vent setting. All of the settings work they are just out of order. Is there any way to resync the controls? Or is it another issue? Any help is appreciated greatly!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like your blend door has crapped on you.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree. There is an actuator and linkage down there. Sounds like the actuator is working but the linkage or actual door needs to be adjusted/reclocked.

OP
OP
M

Mstef9512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it makes a difference I actually had to remove the air conditioner box before this happened. When I had the box off (for heater core replacement) I went ahead and replaced all the doors because of their reputation. Is there a way to align the actuators?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If I remember right I think there's a menu option for this on the dealer computer on the can bus vehicles