This is why I hate letting anyone touch my truck!! (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bummer they messed p your new truck! As mentioned a few post back contact Ram Care online here! The more sticks in the fire the bigger the flames :) Good luck and post your results

Andrea (RamCares) has been all in this this from the beginning with my flickering dash warranty issue…why the truck was at the dealership in the 1st place. She has been awesome…actually blew away my expectations and if Ram continues with that level of customer care, then they will have a lot more customers. Andrea even told the dealership more than once to be very careful with the truck because the customer (me) was very nervous. I left her a voicemail last night when I was still at the dealership. I can only imagine her reaction when she hears it today. SMH

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Andrea (RamCares) has been all in this this from the beginning with my flickering dash warranty issue…why the truck was at the dealership in the 1st place. She has been awesome…actually blew away my expectations and if Ram continues with that level of customer care, then they will have a lot more customers. Andrea even told the dealership more than once to be very careful with the truck because the customer (me) was very nervous. I left her a voicemail last night when I was still at the dealership. I can only imagine her reaction when she hears it today. SMH

Thanks for your update,, Good to hear RAM Care really works :) Best of luck

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I will tell you right now, you are either going to have to accept some type of "spot" repair or the whole dash assembly shell is going to have to be replaces since the dash top is not a separate piece to the dash frame assembly.

If they were that ham ****** with a simple cluster change, no telling what they will do with a whole dash assembly change.

You are right to be pissed. I had the same issue with a certified used Saturn back in the day that had unseen on the lot hail damage on the roof. Their "paintless" repair guy trashed just about every interior piece with his club feet and incorrect tools he used to get to the headliner and bottom side of the roof. When it was all done, the dealership probably loss close to $3k in interior replacement parts and labor to make it right.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

The higher tier customer support folks at corporate are EXCELLENT. The problem is, most of the dealership and lower level folks aren't and that's who most customers speak with. FCA really needs to step things up in that department to avoid scaring people away.

Hopefully Andrea takes care of you. I would settle for nothing less than a brand new dash, and I would try to find another dealer with a highly regarded service department if it possible to do so.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will tell you right now, you are either going to have to accept some type of "spot" repair or the whole dash assembly shell is going to have to be replaces since the dash top is not a separate piece to the dash frame assembly.

If what you say is true, there no way I will have them replace the whole dash assembly shell. Going off from their recent work, I could only imagine the mess they would make. It’s literally giving me a daymare (a day time nightmare...lol).

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
If what you say is true, there no way I will have them replace the whole dash assembly shell. Going off from their recent work, I could only imagine the mess they would make. It’s literally giving me a daymare (a day time nightmare...lol).

Item #1 is how the whole dash shell and top comes as one assembly.

There is also a possibility they could had it off to a third party upholstery shop but that has it's risks also.

d46218b3b9953bbb5f52cf72dd22c1ae.png

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You took the words right out of my mouth…minus the trading it in part. If they couldn’t do the 1st job without damaging the truck, what makes me think they could do a 2nd job without damaging my truck? I’m very uneasy about bringing it back to them, but I don’t have a lot of choices.

hopefully a different tech will will fix it properly this time.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Item #1 is how the whole dash shell and top comes as one assembly.

There is also a possibility they could had it off to a third party upholstery shop but that has it's risks also.

d46218b3b9953bbb5f52cf72dd22c1ae.png

OMG!...there's no way I would trust them to do that much work!! That's freaking crazy! Now, I don't know what to do about this.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cringe at the idea of taking a vehicle in for maintenance. I wish they would let you view them from some sort of viewing room. If my truck came back like that I would just want to trade it cause now the whole top of the dash has to come off and who knows what other damage they may do without you knowing.

You can watch from the service center at Towbin Dodge

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the tech there used the same tool on my truck when they did the air bag recall. It looked like they took a pick ax to get the screw covers off the A pillars and then they stepped on the grab handles and just put everything back like it was OK.

I cringe when I have to go to the dealer for service

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I feel the pain of the OP. I ordered a 2015, and waited about 2 months. When it arrived it had a rattle in the dash and the bed alignment in relation to the cab was a joke. This was Saturday. Drove it home, parked it. Took it back Monday and dropped it off with 45 miles on it. Thursday the service manager called and said sorry, the porter wrecked your truck. I said no, the porter wrecked your truck. I never saw that truck again until I picked up the second one they ordered for me. They really did a good job on the bed, cab, and rear passenger door repair. I bet who ever got it never knew the difference.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I think the tech there used the same tool on my truck when they did the air bag recall. It looked like they took a pick ax to get the screw covers off the A pillars and then they stepped on the grab handles and just put everything back like it was OK.

I cringe when I have to go to the dealer for service

When they installed the cab lights on my current truck they did the same thing. Do they think people won't see this damage at eye level? I made them give me new a pillar covers and installed them myself.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm sorry man that really sucks!!! There is no excuse for that kind of damage for a simple cluster swap other than not giving a ****.

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When they installed the cab lights on my current truck they did the same thing. Do they think people won't see this damage at eye level? I made them give me new a pillar covers and installed them myself.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the additional money made by rushing vehicles through the shop outweighs the occasional service related damage claim.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They took pics as they will try to pass it through to FCA under warranty. I suspect they'll claim it was delivered that way.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
had a similar situation with a local dealer. they scratched up my dash replacing a seat frame and bent one of my step bars. ram customer care told me all they cant do anything for me in that situation, i have to fight it out with the dealer. they did a spot fix on the dash (which wasnt great but not terrible), but refused to do anything about the step. i gave up fighting with them. it wasnt worth the aggravation. small claims court would have been my only recourse left, but i ended up selling the truck anyway,

i feel you pain, and wish you luck.