Tow/Haul & Traction Control Button Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozzy_rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone, first time poster here.

I just bought myself a 2013 Ram R/T and I'm having an issue where my traction control and tow/haul switch are not working. I am thinking they might be unplugged from behind since there is no backlight when my lights are on. Any suggestions? Thanks!

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could remove the bezel and see if they are plugged in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^what he said^^^. Also double check ALL of the fuses to make sure you don't have a blown one.

OP
OP
ozzy_rt

ozzy_rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys, will do! But by any chance would you guys have a link on how to disassemble the console because i cant seem to find it anywhere

bootlegfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I disconnected the blue connector from my BCM during my remote start install last week and THOUGHT I had it seated completely and locked down, but I did not. I went for a drive the next day and my tow haul, exhaust brake, and traction control buttons were all dead. Once I seated the plug into the BCM properly they worked. Have you done any electrical accessory installs lately or been up under the dash?

NSParamedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same issue. I pulled the bezel off and all connections are tight, and all fuses appear to be good.

OP
OP
ozzy_rt

ozzy_rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually I think I found my problem. I pulled the console covers off and unplugged that module. I found that it only had 3 pins coming out and from my basic wiring knowledge, its power ground and illumination (red, black, orange). There is multiple wires on the plug but only those 3 pins on the module. Im sure thats my issue. Did you check the back and see how many pins are coming out of it??

almjr87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just started to have this issue after a audio system install and now the traction control and tow/haul switches don't work. i also removed to double check the connections and they are properly connected. has anyone else had this issue ?

bighorn2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my tow/haul , traction control , AND 4x4 lights don't work and I can't engage 4wd due to this. Last night I installed led headlights and fog lights but they came with a module for each light to allow them to work with my '14 ram 1500. Also check engine light is on. Any thoughts on which fuse number to check? I didn't have my dash apart for this so it can't be a connector. Fuse makes more sense doesn't it!

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So my tow/haul , traction control , AND 4x4 lights don't work and I can't engage 4wd due to this. Last night I installed led headlights and fog lights but they came with a module for each light to allow them to work with my '14 ram 1500. Also check engine light is on. Any thoughts on which fuse number to check? I didn't have my dash apart for this so it can't be a connector. Fuse makes more sense doesn't it!

What code did it give you. These vehicles get aufully finicky when you add electronics. Just replacing regular lights to LEDs will cause issues if the aren't C bus compatible. I'm curious what code it threw.

bighorn2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure how to check the code. I'm at my cabin this weekend so there's not many places around to take it to.

So I opened the fuse box and unplugged and reseated every fuse in there to see if any were blown. None were blown but this must have fixed the issue with tow/haul and 4wd selector switch not working. Both of those work now, however the engine light is still on. Which confuses me because the company I bought the LED lights sent the canbus adapters and I installed all of them.

arsenelupain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure how to check the code. I'm at my cabin this weekend so there's not many places around to take it to.

So I opened the fuse box and unplugged and reseated every fuse in there to see if any were blown. None were blown but this must have fixed the issue with tow/haul and 4wd selector switch not working. Both of those work now, however the engine light is still on. Which confuses me because the company I bought the LED lights sent the canbus adapters and I installed all of them.

Hi sir, i have a 2014 ram 1500 hemi 5.7. its been a while i have it but anyway i had the same problem as but i did change nothing or did nothing to the truck except run it like i always do. My radio did like freeze and restart like 3 time over 2 years i dont know if it can be reliable to this issue but anyway i did open the hood to check fuse and all the fuse were like 0.02 pulled out. all of them i pressed a bit on each fuse and i was able to push them back a bit. like if they were loose a bit ( sorry for my poor english ) and i started the truck and my 2x4 - 4x4lock 4x4 low , traction control, tow haul, light were working back and i can put it back to 4x4 etc..... do you think this could have caused the issue ?

ive been working building 2 house in a mountain not off road but a bit rocky and hill etc. and lot of bumb for like 20 min ride a day do you guys think those bumb could have loose all the fuse like this ?

Thanks in advance !! I like those ram so haha