Adjusting billsteins on the truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just wondering if anyone has been able to compress the spring enough on the truck to adjust the height. sitting at 2.1 right now but would like to level out the truck some more and get them up to 2.8

Edit: Also would like to mention m sitting on a 6in rc lift so there also a additional spacer ontop of the strut

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont know if you can. You would have to put the truck on stands, remove the tires, and have an impressive spring compressor setup. Im sure it can be done but man I wouldnt want to be anywhere near it.

On a side note, if you do get it to work, post it up I want to see!

nclark112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've gone through this idea in my head cause I'm at 2.1 and want to go up too but I just don't see a way to do it in the way of I don't see how to fit compressors in there. It's a pretty tight squeeze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
You'll never get it compressed enough to get up in there and actually move the C-clip. If you look at how the adapter ring and lower spring seat extend down over the C-clip you'll see what I'm talking about. Plus, as stated above, you'll have a really hard time getting a spring compressor up in there in the first place.
With the amount you'd screw around trying to do it that way you're far better off just taking them off to begin with. Really it's not that hard to get the struts out of the truck completely.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried it when mine where at 2.1. I tried to compress them off the truck enough to move them down to 1.4 and I couldn't. I don't think it's possible on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
figured it wasn't possible but figured id ask to see if someone somehow found a way to do it lol

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was wondering this same thing as well. I figured it wouldn't be a good route to take but I'm glad your posted and got some responses. :)

Adam

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont know if you can. You would have to put the truck on stands, remove the tires, and have an impressive spring compressor setup. Im sure it can be done but man I wouldnt want to be anywhere near it.

On a side note, if you do get it to work, post it up I want to see!

I was thinking the same thing.... even if somehow you got the spring compressor jammed in there, that thing would be a ticking time bomb and a death trap!! :)