What are you all using to mount your amps to the back wall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone. I am wanting to move my amps from under my seats to the back wall. I was planning on using a 1/2" piece of wood paneling to mount the amp to but not sure what would be best to use to secure the wood panel to the back wall without screwing through it. Any suggestions would be great.

countrygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know it wasn't the best option but I took a couple of sheet metal screws and 1/2" plywood and mounted it right through the back of the cab. Then the amp with smaller screws to the wood.

You could try gluing it with something strong to the metal. Bu I didn't want to fool with it again if it came loose.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just put mine back there over the weekend 3m tape works great

Attachments

• 20170107_172640.jpg
    20170107_172640.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
B

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking about maybe trying Gorilla Glue to stick the wood panel to the wall. Just not sure how well it would hold.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
google around there are some panel adhesives that will bond the wood to metal. i cant think of the name off the top of my head.

i use to use some when i did flip down tv's i would glue a piece of wood against the metal for the tv to mount into the wood.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
google around there are some panel adhesives that will bond the wood to metal. i cant think of the name off the top of my head.

i use to use some when i did flip down tv's i would glue a piece of wood against the metal for the tv to mount into the wood.

Hack... lol j/k

The best way would probably be t-serts or something of that nature.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Create your amp rack out of wood and then get some L brackets from the hardware store and mount then to the seat brackets.

This will be the safest and strongest route

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hack... lol j/k

The best way would probably be t-serts or something of that nature.

problem is you would still have to drill a hole in the back wall of the cab and it could let water in or cause rust over time.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I personally would try to avoid the more permanent mounting options. Gorilla glue, bonding agents etc... I used the industrial 3M Velcro and it worked great for over 3 years. I removed my system a few months back and tearing the rack from the Velcro was difficult enough....I wanted to return my truck to completely stock for trade-in purposes.
The Velcro worked great, was cheap @ $5, was removable when needed. I had three amps mounted to the rack with zero movement over the years

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally would try to avoid the more permanent mounting options. Gorilla glue, bonding agents etc... I used the industrial 3M Velcro and it worked great for over 3 years. I removed my system a few months back and tearing the rack from the Velcro was difficult enough....I wanted to return my truck to completely stock for trade-in purposes.
The Velcro worked great, was cheap @ $5, was removable when needed. I had three amps mounted to the rack with zero movement over the years

I can almost hear the velcro making noise constantly like a small scratchy noise on every bump.

But seriously, could you hear it on every bump or was it nice and quiet. Nothing makes me madder than noise in a vehicle.

OP
OP
B

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone for all of the feedback. Now I just need to decide which way to go.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I can almost hear the velcro making noise constantly like a small scratchy noise on every bump.

But seriously, could you hear it on every bump or was it nice and quiet. Nothing makes me madder than noise in a vehicle.

My truck was completely sound deadened and I never heard anything from the velcro....except when I ripped the rack out

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Do you have any pics of your setup that you could post?

I have a build log but my phone is acting up so I can't post the quick link.
I don't know if you'll see the Velcro per se...but you'll def see my amp rack mounted with my different amp combos.
Over the years I went from one KS300.4 and two Alpine M-500's, to two ARC KS 300.4's and one ARC KS 1200.1....luckily I was able to use the same amp rack. Just make sure you get industrial velcro from 3M...industrial does not have the soft fuzzy side like you see with non-industrial Velcro. Non-industrial Velcro COULD make some noise like you are concerned with. I buy the industrial Velcro that comes in long rolls so I can cut to desired length

OP
OP
B

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a build log but my phone is acting up so I can't post the quick link.
I don't know if you'll see the Velcro per se...but you'll def see my amp rack mounted with my different amp combos.
Over the years I went from one KS300.4 and two Alpine M-500's, to two ARC KS 300.4's and one ARC KS 1200.1....luckily I was able to use the same amp rack. Just make sure you get industrial velcro from 3M...industrial does not have the soft fuzzy side like you see with non-industrial Velcro. Non-industrial Velcro COULD make some noise like you are concerned with. I buy the industrial Velcro that comes in long rolls so I can cut to desired length
Did you use the hook and loop style Velcro?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk