Heard of a bad oil code? Stealership story.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just wanted to put a final chapter on this escapade.

After being urged by several of you to take up the complaint with head office, i finally called FCA in october to notify them of my experience at Dewildt chrysler. It was initiated with a phone call to a customer service representative who expressed utter disbelief that I was charged a diagnostic fee. Based on her reaction I felt pretty confident that i was going to be taken care of…. and boy was i taken care of.

Two months later I got a letter, they told me to suck rocks. I’ve attached the letter.

I called back, notified them about this thread on this forum and all the attention it garnered, thanks to some of your posts, I told her of a bulletin posted by a currently employed chrysler tech which outlined that when a pressure sensor code comes on it more often than not triggers the bad oil code which should be ignored. I pointed out that some other active techs noted that when they see the ‘bad oil” code they unquestionably disregard it because it so needlessly triggered, one tech even said he sees that code every day and doesn’t act on it… Anyhow long story short… i didn’t get anywhere with them.

I was wasting my breather because the fact is, Chrysler should know just by looking at all the paper work I provided that Dewildt simply misdiagnosed the car. This is PROVEN by the fact that the issue came back, and it was after all the Oil pressure sensor that was at fault (thankful replaced by peel).

So I got the answer to my original question which was: Why the hell was I charged a diagnostic fee on a brand new WARRANTIED car, and why was I forced to pay for a $170 oil change???

The answer: Because. They. Can.

And I’ll remind you that when Kori from Ram Cares chimed in here on page 4 of this thread, and reminded everybody that oil changes are not required to be completed at a Chrysler dealership, that keeping your paperwork is sufficient to protect you from any bull****e in the future. What a crock, it didn’t do a thing for me. The point is, and what Kori should have said is:

“you can do the maintenance on your own, just know that any of our more predatory dealers will take advantage of that fact and charge you diagnostic fees on your new warrantied vehicle. Our head office will do absolute nothing to keep the dealership accountable!”

Being honest would at least be fair.

Also on a side note, EVEN if I was wrong, even if the oil wasn’t bad which we now know it wasn’t, doesn’t FCA want to show some good will? this isn’t just a pack of gum after all, it’s $55,000 vehicle.

To be more specific, in 2014 I bought a $45,000 Jeep Wrangler and later that year a $55,000 ram. That is exactly $100,000 worth of product i purchased from this company in one year. And these guys can’t comp a $100 diagnostic fee that was wrongfully charged?

To that I say, screw Chrysler! These are the last cars I ever bought from their company. The hell with Dewildt for being so petty and trying to screw a customer out of a $100 diagnostic fee and forcing an expensive needless oil change. And screw FCA for not backing up it’s customers.

WOW! that's just....WOW

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Jesus. I feel like *I* got ***** reading that.

If any Chrysler reps follow these closely they should be taking notes. Things like this are the EXACT reason that any Jeep or Chrysler products were immediately dismissed by us this week while shopping for a replacement for the wife's explorer. We wouldn't even look.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Chris_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just came across this....I live in Hamilton, not to far from Dewildt .

I was going to look at the new Black 2016 Challenger Hellcat they have on Friday....it 15% msrp right now.

I'm in the market for a stable mate for my 2015 Longhorn......

I am not giving them my money now....this pissed me off :flipthebird:

I two do all my own maintenance....so this could be me!!

O ya....screw you to then FCA :flipthebird:, I'll re-think my Hellcat purchase!

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
If you have the time to continue this endeavor, I would first file a complaint with the BBB. They will pursue an amicable solution...Then you could contact you equilvelant to our Attorney Generals Office and file another complaint...Here in Wisconsin we have whats called the Consumer Protection Agency, they will help you also. You could also file a small claims lawsuit, pay the file fees, generally under $100.00 and then they are required by law to appear at a hearing in which an arbitrator will make a judgement. Many times places of business do not want whats called a public record that goes into a database for the whole world to see. Most times they just refund the plaintiff to avoid any longterm negativity....Good Luck

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just came across this....I live in Hamilton, not to far from Dewildt .

I was going to look at the new Black 2016 Challenger Hellcat they have on Friday....it 15% msrp right now.

I'm in the market for a stable mate for my 2015 Longhorn......

I am not giving them my money now....this pissed me off :flipthebird:

I two do all my own maintenance....so this could be me!!

O ya....screw you to then FCA :flipthebird:, I'll re-think my Hellcat purchase!

If that hellcat is @ 15% msrp, tell me where I'll go buy it tomorrow.

I think you meant 15% off MSRP tho......

:naughty:

Last edited:

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
This reminds me of the scene from Tommy boy where the guys asks about the warranty on the box. He says cause all they know they sold you was a guaranteed piece of junk. I have been thru two dealers locally. One didn't replace a damage part on my brand new truck that I even had in writing to replace. They just blew me off. Tried to get my gas tank strap fixed they said they would call me back cause I would need a loaner. No call. Another dealer changed my oil when I asked for state inspection. Repaired my old jeep for airbag and the seat belt buckle was missing when I got it back. So now I do all myself. I'm a mechanic so everything is done with way more care than the dealer ever has. I really feel for you.

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just came across this, read it from page 1. And wow. You could make a damn movie out of all the characters, twists and turns, and then closing with OP getting shot in the back of the head by the supporting actor. Good grief I learned a lot from this thread.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
$200 oil change? Good lord

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's ridiculous.

I'm not sure where the OP is from, but it's about $130 and change here (plus taxes) if I remember correctly.
Think I usually fork over about $140 all said and done.

I'll be going for one next week, so I'll post back with the exact amount if I remember.

So I got rinsed for $100 for diagnostics

I've never been charged a penny for any diagnostics related to a warranty concern.
I'd strongly suggest you change dealers.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
dont understand why the op paid to begin with. let them take him to court.