TPMS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGWHITE16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4L HEMI
2016 Ram 2500
Added new Toyo A/T tires that use 65psi, not 80psi like the stock tires do (crazy). Ofcourse light comes on, and blinking tire pressure on the EVIC. I want this to go away. I've got some friends looking into removing this 'default' tpms annoyance, but if anyone has a programmer, or autel906 in the HOUSTON TEXAS area, and you can turn off the light/blinking/annoyance, I'll gladly pay $. Any help is appreciated.

J

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I tried everything on my mega... ended up just putting on tires that go to 80psi. There is no sure fire way to make it go away. I tried the computer fix with a buddy of mine who can get the key from ram. Within 24 hours the light was back.
I just went from a 35/12.5/20 to 295/60/20.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yep Dodge has made it so you cannot tweak the settings. Vehicles built before 2016 can have the parameters changed, but after that the Dodge Techs. can't even go in & change them.
Might be able to hire the "Russian Hackers".:roflsquared:

OP
OP
BIGWHITE16

BIGWHITE16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I tried everything on my mega... ended up just putting on tires that go to 80psi. There is no sure fire way to make it go away. I tried the computer fix with a buddy of mine who can get the key from ram. Within 24 hours the light was back.
I just went from a 35/12.5/20 to 295/60/20.

I just bought these tires....im going to find a way to remove this tpms crap using the Autel 905 and then post a video to prove it.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
That's the new rumor... if it works, I'm all for it. But I'm not spending $1300 to fix a light. Lol

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yep Dodge has made it so you cannot tweak the settings. Vehicles built before 2016 can have the parameters changed, but after that the Dodge Techs. can't even go in & change them.

Yep the Federal Government has made it so you can not.....

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I don't want to say you're wrong but...

eEQRIvw.jpg

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep the Federal Government has made it so you can not.....

No they didn't. FCA decided they didn't want thresholds changed. I can change the thresholds in my wife's car.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I got mine adjusted for the new tires.

I hope you are not running 65 PSI tires at 80PSI!!!!

I know a few people that can adjust it here in Arizona. You'll have to find a person in your area. Find a Dodge Forum on Facebook for your area and find the guy with the right tool.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No they didn't. FCA decided they didn't want thresholds changed. I can change the thresholds in my wife's car.

You should not be able too unless you have a device that can change the vehicle's configuration.

TPMS was introduced to help stupid people not be stupid. Initially, TPMS included both high and low-pressure thresholds but later dropped the high-pressure requirement.

Giving the owner the ability to change the pressure threshold is a liability and I am not aware of any manufacturer that allows this action without the use of a programming device that can edit the placard threshold values.

What should be done is change the TPMS law to exclude 3/4 ton pick-ups.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The law says OE's have to install TPMS. The decision to remove service dealer's ability to adjust the TPMS threshold was FCA's.

Here is my wife's car (2016). You can set the driving pressure for TPMS and it assigns the max and min threshold.

tmtP3uy.jpg

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now that ^^^^ would be a cool feature to have.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The law says OE's have to install TPMS. The decision to remove service dealer's ability to adjust the TPMS threshold was FCA's.

Here is my wife's car (2016). You can set the driving pressure for TPMS and it assigns the max and min threshold.

tmtP3uy.jpg

The dealer has the ability, many have had it done by tire shops and their dealers, at least that is what they post over on the Cummins forum.

What make is your wife's vehicle?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The dealer has the ability, many have had it done by tire shops and their dealers, at least that is what they post over on the Cummins forum.

That's not true. FCA removed the ability from the dealer tools which has been a major topic of discussion.

curtis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok i have been fighting this for a good while now.... I have an 09 QC 4X4 moved up to Nitto TG AT in a 275/65/20 E load range........What pressure should I be running

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

FCA removed the tire pressure option from the Witech at the beginning of 2016. I reprogrammed my TPMS but had to find a member with an Autel Maxsys 906. There is no Ram dealer tools that will change the TPMS threshold. Until about two months ago there was literally no way to change the TPMS thresholds on 2014+ Ram 2500 trucks.

OP
OP
BIGWHITE16

BIGWHITE16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I got mine adjusted for the new tires.

I hope you are not running 65 PSI tires at 80PSI!!!!

I know a few people that can adjust it here in Arizona. You'll have to find a person in your area. Find a Dodge Forum on Facebook for your area and find the guy with the right tool.

No, not running 80psi in 65psi tire. :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What's everyone running for pressures in there stock 20" wheels unloaded? I'm trying to figure out where to set my stock 20" tires on my 2500 ccsb 6.4? Looking for good tire wear without having them under inflated.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What's everyone running for pressures in there stock 20" wheels unloaded? I'm trying to figure out where to set my stock 20" tires on my 2500 ccsb 6.4? Looking for good tire wear without having them under inflated.
I had 18's but they are all pretty much the same. I ran 55 in the front and 50 in the rear.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk