No brake or turn signal lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad141987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Hi all, this is my first post in this forum. Got an 07 Ram 1500 hemi 5.7l

I have no brake lights or rear turn signals.
Tail lights do light up.
Reverse lights work.
And third brake light over cab works as well.
I checked and replaced all fuses.
Replaced all bulbs. No luck.
Front turn signals work fine although I get the fast flash. When I turn on hazards though, the front turn signals are slow not fast.

Replacing brake switch tonight. Then multi function switch on friday. Anything else to try? Is there a ground wire for the rear lights that could be out?

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'm not sure if in yours if the turn and brake are the same bulb but if so, there is a good chance it's the turn signal switch in the column. Happened to me on an older Ram (1981) and the old timer next door was a semi service tech. After I screwed with it for hours, he diagnosed it in less than 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

979dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your truck has been lowered, you might have damaged inside of fender wells and cut into wires. Happened to me and messed up wires that run on the drivers side. Had no back lights at all. After replacing everything from bulbs, to switch under dash, I saw wires were exposed and I just used electrical tape to fix. Been good ever since.