How Much do you Love or Hate your 4 Gen?

Satisfaction with your 4 gen Ram?

• 1-2 ...how come I can't put a zero, I hate this thing.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 3-4 ...not very satisfied with Ram

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • 5-6 ...it is ok but plenty room for improvement

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 7-8 ...I really like the Ram

Votes: 123 38.2%
  • 9-10...the best I've owned

Votes: 165 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1st time RAM owner and I absolutely love it. Only complaint I have is paint quality. Other than that it's a tank. I just wish I would've got 4wd and the 6'4" box.

Racer_X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought 2017 Ignition Orange Sport. It's my 2nd 4th gen.had a 2009 previously since new.put 130 K on that one. Loved it. Really liking the new one too.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Markks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express RCSB 4X4
Engine
Pentastar
2016 Ram RCSB 4X4 Brilliant Black. NOT Impressed!!!
Day 1, while driving home with new truck with only 40 miles on odometer, on I70 60mph and up. Truck Vibrates badly.. Passenger seat, and console shakes badly. Now have about 3k miles on it. So Far, Dealer has done Nothing. Day 1, had dash rattle, Dealer did nothing, I did get the rattle fixed myself. Also Passenger door has terrible wind noise, Dealer has done nothing. I've taken truck to two different tire shops, and still vibrates at highway speeds. Yes, I regret buying the Ram, but it was bought with a large discount off MSRP.

If anybody else has a 4th gen ram with highway speed vibrations, please let me know how and if you've fixed it... Thanks...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Day 1, while driving home with new truck with only 40 miles on odometer, on I70 60mph and up. Truck Vibrates badly.. Passenger seat, and console shakes badly. Now have about 3k miles on it. So Far, Dealer has done Nothing. Day 1, had dash rattle, Dealer did nothing, I did get the rattle fixed myself. Also Passenger door has terrible wind noise, Dealer has done nothing. I've taken truck to two different tire shops, and still vibrates at highway speeds. Yes, I regret buying the Ram, but it was bought with a large discount off MSRP.

If anybody else has a 4th gen ram with highway speed vibrations, please let me know how and if you've fixed it... Thanks...
Sorry to hear you're not having a good experience with your new truck. My truck is smooth as silk going down the highway all way up to 85+ and I'm sure others will verify so something is definitely wrong. Like mentioned, demand they check out the driveshaft, and I would say have them roadforce balance the tires. Sounds like your dealer isn't the best...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Some folks have noted the Tq values of the lug nuts being drastically off , both high & low from the factory .

I purchased my 14 with 9 miles on it , no vibes but at 6 k I rotated my tires myself . Prior to breaking the tq to remove the tires I first set my Calibrated Tq. Wrench to the minimum tq of 120' lbs and tried tightening them ...everyone of them moved , some pretty significantly thus indicating they wer badly undertorqued from the factory ...

The point is improperly Torqued lug nuts , too tight or loose can cause vibration and the factory , dealers and tire shops seldom actually torque lug nuts to spec .
My 14 4x4 QC , is 120-140' lbs . Check your owners manual for yours and one at a time break the tq and retorque them to within specs .

Hope this helps !

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 with 40,000 miles. Good so far. I am having my cab top molding and front door hinges (rusty) changed under warranty. But no major issues and no rattles/squeaks.

I don't think I will get the long term reliability I have gotten out of 3 Toyotas but I do plan to keep it 2-3 more years.

Love the interior, Hemi, 8 speed, heated wheel, and the look.

So far I give the truck an 8.

I give the dealers a 3. Terrible.

If it is trouble free to 120,000 miles I will give it a 9.5 and buy another one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
this is my 8'th truck.so far it's ok.i've had it since the summer of '14.front end work and manifold bolts so far.it's neck and neck with my last truck,ford fx4 lariat,which i really miss.it served me very well for 10 years and only left me stranded once when my alternator **** the bed,but i noticed and tried to make it home anyway and failed.i figure 1 more new truck when i retire in 10 years.will it be a ram? who knows.all i know is it'll be the best dually on the market.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 with 40,000 miles. Good so far. I am having my cab top molding and front door hinges (rusty) changed under warranty. But no major issues and no rattles/squeaks.

I don't think I will get the long term reliability I have gotten out of 3 Toyotas but I do plan to keep it 2-3 more years.

Love the interior, Hemi, 8 speed, heated wheel, and the look.

So far I give the truck an 8.

I give the dealers a 3. Terrible.

If it is trouble free to 120,000 miles I will give it a 9.5 and buy another one.

I feel the same , only difference is I plan on 200 + not 120.....

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
So far, i love my 2017 2500 tradesman. It's not perfect but no truck is. I love the big rig front end and body styling. The 6.4 Hemi has a lot of juice even in front of 3.73s.

The interior is very comfortable for what amounts to a work truck. Love the in floor storage bins and the rear seat recessed storage area. Very innovative features which I've always liked about dodge.

Hopefully she holds up good and gives me good service

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel the same , only difference is I plan on 200 + not 120.....

Yeah...that is a good way to go too. I am required to have a vehicle 5 years or newer for work.

Assuming this one does well I think I will get the lifetime warranty on the next one and keep it forever.

JustB_rad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm in my mid 30's. This is the 8th Vehicle I've owned and 4th Brand new vehicle. I've owned New Ford's, New GM's and this was my first New Chrysler product. Far and away better than the other 2. Also cheaper than the other two.

When I purchased this truck 2-1/2 year ago, I did it with the intention of keeping it for the long haul. I've got 44,000 miles on it, and have used it to tow our TT around 7,000 mile of that. Some of that was a ploy to my wife to get a truck instead of the Ford Explorer I was driving around. I've never driven the same vehicle for more than 5 years so this would be totally new for me.

We recently need to buy a new vehicle for my wife, and while we were talking about it, she said "well you know now you have to live with your truck for a while"....and I responded with...I know, but I LOVE my truck! This is the first vehicle I've ever had that happen. I have never looked at trying to get rid of it for something better. Do I wish I had a couple more small options? Of course, but it still suits my wants and needs to a tee. So much in fact, that after we bought her new Jeep, I looked more into my extended warranty, and decided that because I wanted to keep it so long, that I got a refund on my 6 year aftermarket warranty and purchased a Lifetime Maxcare warranty. I love my truck, and see NO reason to get rid of it anytime soon!

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a 2011 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4 5 speed, 3.92. Great vehicle. Good fuel economy for a truck. Awesome power. Looked amazing with the two tone grey on silver. Wish I never sold it, as it would've saved a lot of money...

But... Just got into a 2016 Outdoorsman Hemi 4x4 8 speed 3.92 on Saturday! I'm going to miss the Jeep with the top off, and below 45 miles per hour, but we needed more space. Love the tech and trans so far over the 11. And I imagine mpgs will be at least comparable or better once I'm past initial break in and get a few Ks on it. Wish I could've found a full front bench; I was able to stretch my legs a bit more. Also getting used to the rotary shift as I grabbed the volume once lol.

It's filthy atm, but the black forest green pearl coat is awesome too! It's like a chameleon, depending on the angle, from black to green. Will try to add a picture later.

Attachments

• 1d8c316bc6fdc805f573a5abfcb65a6bx.jpg
    1d8c316bc6fdc805f573a5abfcb65a6bx.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Overall I am very happy with my 2016 Ram. I got the Express 4x4 package, plus black edition package, and some other extras.. it essentially equates to a Big Horn if you break it down. Vehicle performance is amazing. No complaints whatsoever. The only thing I will say Ram could do better is better seats and up the basic features a bit. I am 6'4'' and have a hard time finding a comfortable driving position. I've owned the truck for 6 months now and I still am adjusting my seat and steering wheel at least once a week trying out different positions to see if i find someone more comfortable.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 2011 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4 5 speed, 3.92. Great vehicle. Good fuel economy for a truck. Awesome power. Looked amazing with the two tone grey on silver. Wish I never sold it, as it would've saved a lot of money...

But... Just got into a 2016 Outdoorsman Hemi 4x4 8 speed 3.92 on Saturday! I'm going to miss the Jeep with the top off, and below 45 miles per hour, but we needed more space. Love the tech and trans so far over the 11. And I imagine mpgs will be at least comparable or better once I'm past initial break in and get a few Ks on it. Wish I could've found a full front bench; I was able to stretch my legs a bit more. Also getting used to the rotary shift as I grabbed the volume once lol.

It's filthy atm, but the black forest green pearl coat is awesome too! It's like a chameleon, depending on the angle, from black to green. Will try to add a picture later.
Man I Love your truck ....5.7L , 8sp xsmn 4x4 with 392 differentials! This is a rare breed for sure ! Mainly 8 speed / 392 diffs.
You could easily run 35" tires and get 19-20 mpg if you can keep your right foot out of it
I have the 6speed and 355 differentials , it's not terrible but I'd sure like the 8sp/392s
Envy is what I have !

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I Love your truck ....5.7L , 8sp xsmn 4x4 with 392 differentials! This is a rare breed for sure ! Mainly 8 speed / 392 diffs.
You could easily run 35" tires and get 19-20 mpg if you can keep your right foot out of it
I have the 6speed and 355 differentials , it's not terrible but I'd sure like the 8sp/392s
Envy is what I have !

I have the 8speed / 3.92 and yeah, it's pretty nice. And I totally lucked into it. It was on the only truck that had all the other options I wanted and it hadnt even arrived to the dealer yet.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very very NICE IN DEED !

Now I'm envious of you as well !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I ever trade in my truck it's gonna be for the 8 speed / 392 diff 4x4 - with the -45 Xsfer case , crew cab !

IMHO that would be the absolute best truck on the market today hands down !

I doubt i will though. ..

I love my 14 Ram 4x4 6speed 5.7L 355 diffs with the -45 Xsfer Case !

Last edited:

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I came from an 06 f150 xlt 5.4 4x4 xcab. I put an edge tuner, headers, k&n 77 series intake and a full dual exhaust on it. It was pretty damn quick when i traded it in for my 2012 express 4x4 5.7 qc 6spd....
I immediately felt the difference.
Much quicker stock than the ford ever was.
I put a ladder rack on it and used it for work. 112,000 miles later (absolutely problem free) I traded it in and got my 16 bighorn cc. 8 spd 5.7.
I can honestly say that even though i have not a single bad thing to say about ford trucks...I WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING ELSE BUT A RAM!!

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk