Exhaust upgrade help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirka13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi there, so im looking to upgrade the exhaust in my 3500 cummins and i had a few quick questions. first off im not looking for obnoxious noise but i do want to be able to hear that engine more than the stock exhaust, are there any preferred companies out there? also someone at work said if i change the exhaust it would be wise to do the headers as well, is this a true statement? and if i do the exhaust and headers should i do cold air intake upgrade or is that just for a gas engine. thanks again for the help i really enjoy this forum for the friendly feedback. cheers :favorites13:

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Get ready to spend a little money. You can swap your exhaust out for an aftermarket 4" or 5" of your choice. I ran 4" diamond eye exhaust w/the muffler and I was happy. It's going to be about $400 or more for the exhaust.
Exhaust Systems - Dodge 6.7L Cummins 2007.5-2013 | XDP
You'll need a tuner as well and that's another $1000-$1,400
2013-2017 6.7 CUMMINS MERCENARY TUNER

Your truck doesn't have headers. You can swap out the exhaust manifold but then you are also looking at buying a new turbo to go along with it. The factory turbo has an odd T4I flange. You could buy an aftermarket manifold but IMO it's not worth the money or effort to swap it out.
https://puredieselpower.com/dodge-p...ed-speed-t4i-exhaust-manifold-steedt4i67.html

Swapping the intake will only provide more noise, but that's about it. You won't see any performance gain until you are making a lot more power (500 or so)

Last edited:

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I can't see your vehicle details on Tapatalk but if you have a '07.5 and up with the 6.7l Cummins engine you cannot simply change the exhaust like on a gas truck. It is all the emissions components in the exhaust that make the truck so quiet. As @NWRQC said, you will need a tuner of some sort to allow the truck to run with all that stuff removed.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310