Another new Alpine interface

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Thanks for the heads up! Seems like there will be a bunch of different options soon.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
OK, I'll admit it. I have no idea what this is

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Any word on when this is coming out??

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Or what it is? lol

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Or what it is? lol

It's a plug and play way to add rca outputs, remote turn on for adding amplifiers. And it also provides a flat audio signal.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Just ordered the Pac Audio today. It's 225 shipped with a coupon from signing up for emails on ABT.com. Can't wait till it gets here.

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered the Pac Audio today. It's 225 shipped with a coupon from signing up for emails on ABT.com. Can't wait till it gets here.

Please update this thread with your thoughts on this after you install it. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on it.
Thanks Mondo

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes let us know! I am VERY tempted on the PAC. Our Pac rep can get to me for his price. Supposedly he is designing the app for it, which once released will have full DSP capabilities. I am already switching out the LockPick for the PAC version, I have full faith in their products.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That only goes up to 2011 on a ram from what I've read on that link.

For once, the part I need to get things to work is actually the cheaper one..
This will be added to the parts list

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This (assuming it works as advertised) would have saved me TONS of headaches when I needed to get signal to my Bit One. This might still be worth installing just to get a full digital signal from my iPhone to my amps.

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I may say this wrong, but if somebody knows, please let me know. Does this interface or the other one ( forget what brand it is ) get rid of the roll off where the alpine system decreases amp output to the speakers as you approach the higher volume ranger?

i've already repalced the dash speakers and the rear doors with better quality 2ohm speakers, as well as a better 8" 2ohm sub, ( they were nice improvements ) but i really hate the lack of volume when I want to crank up the volume. I max out the volume all the time and its just night enough.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This interface would be used to pull the signal from the head unit and furnish it to either an amp or more likely a signal processor which would then feed the amp(s).

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
This interface would be used to pull the signal from the head unit and furnish it to either an amp or more likely a signal processor which would then feed the amp(s).

ok so it would have nothing to do with roll off?

i also thought i read somewhere that it cleans up the signal for better sound when keeping the stock amp, which powers the already wired speakers. Something about better equalizer abilities when using the eq settings within the oem head unit

I would like to add an amp and get the JL audio custom box for my CC ram. So this would obviously help keep this little install on the easier side, but if I want more volume, i'd need a multi channel amp to get the volume higher and wire the speakers directly to the amp? I just dont want to go wiring a whole crap load of speakers around the truck.....

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see anything in the online manual about compensating for the low frequency roll off of the factory unit. That roll off is done to protect the crappy factory speakers. There are other units (some kind of cheap and others expensive) that can do it though. There is talk of them adding some processing features to this in firmware upgrades but there is no way to know what or when.

If you are turning the system up all the way frequently it sounds like you definitely would benefit from an external amp running to your speakers. The problem with that is the factory system uses an 8 channel amp with built in crossovers. Getting that many channels to the stock speakers would be a waste of time and money.

Your best bet would be aftermarket components that come with a passive crossover. That way you would only need one amplifier channel per side. So, four total assuming you also upgrade the rear doors. Then either a 2nd amp for subs or go with a 5 channel if you don't really need tons of power.

Probably not what you wanted to hear after just replacing the stock speakers.

Netmaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may say this wrong, but if somebody knows, please let me know. Does this interface or the other one ( forget what brand it is ) get rid of the roll off where the alpine system decreases amp output to the speakers as you approach the higher volume ranger?

The PAC AP4-CH41 gives a flat frequency response across the entire volume range.

It has two EQ options: It can retain the factory 3-Band EQ using user selectable center frequencies and Q's; or you can disable this to give a constant flat EQ output regardless of what the OE EQ settings are set to.