1993 d150 no gauge lights, running lights, or horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtydodgefromdelco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
so I bought a 1993 d150 a few weeks ago, when I got the truck the stock radio did not work so I purchased an aftermarket pioneer radio. this is where the problem began. shortly after the new radio my dash and running lights went out and my horn does not work either. all of these things worked prior to installing the radio. I replaced the headlight switch and it did not help the issue. I checked the fuses and they are good but I have no power going to the fuse for gauge lights or to the horn relay. I can get the gauge lights to come on if I wiggle the switch but that's about it. any help is greatly appreciated

dev199505

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I feel like you might have clipped the harness and clipped the wrong one

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dirtydodgefromdelco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
I didn't clip anything. I bought a wire harness to plug right in to the new radio and the existing plugs

nikwho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure that your black/yellow wire (+12v switched) from your stock wiring doesn't go to the ground of your aftermarket stereo. I had this issue with my sons truck. The running light fuse blew anytime the lights were turned on. Might be the issue you're having.