LED overhead console light swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snakepitt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Changing from the stock incandescent bulbs to LED's is a fairly easy and quick swap. I've done it now 3 times. Why you may ask have I done it 3 times? Well, I'll tell ya... After popping out the lenses it pulling free the burning hot bulbs, which managed to allow me to invent new and colorful words, I installed a set of superbrightled.com LED lights. They were much brighter than stock and didn't have that yellowish glow. Now when I pushed the switch to shut them off, they continued to have a slight glow to them, almost like there was a trace of power still going to the fixture and would just cause the LEDs to illuminate slightly. This effect would fade out when the engine was not running. But, with the engine running, the slight illumination would never go away. My wife calls it "mood lighting" I call it annoying. Any tips how to have LEDs in the console lights and not have to buy a mood ring to go with the mood lighting???

Skeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Engine
I see you did not get a single reply here. Sad. If it was me I'd try adding some resistance. Say 100ohms and go up until the glow is no longer present.

jjantz2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just went to radio shack and bought a pack of 2 1-Watt carbon resistors. Fixed the slight glow in my LED's.

Superbrowndude

Reaction score
Ram Year
04 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't had any issues with glowing from my Leds. I guess I'm lucky!

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys just my random thought here. But I would assume that the people who are having the slight glow issue probably have ram's that are a little older, and the guys who don't have a glow issue have the newer rams. I think whenever they started using the headlights with the LED strips they must have some different wiring??? Anyways that's just my random thought. Anyone know if I may be right??

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hey guys just my random thought here. But I would assume that the people who are having the slight glow issue probably have ram's that are a little older, and the guys who don't have a glow issue have the newer rams. I think whenever they started using the headlights with the LED strips they must have some different wiring??? Anyways that's just my random thought. Anyone know if I may be right??

Mine didn't have leds til I started adding them. Now everything is switched out to led and still not one issue.