Brake Switch Sensor...ISSUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Get in the truck and start it....Touch the brake pedal, and you can hear/feel the brake sensor engage...All 3 brake lights work properly...Lift your foot off the brake pedal, and you can hear the sensor dis-engage.....Then when I put the truck in forward or reverse and use the brake, I do not feel/hear the sensor open/close...Brake lights still work properly...Shut the truck off,open the door,hit the door lock switch, and when it locks the truck,I can hear the brake switch sensor quickly engage/dis-engage...New servicing dealer cant get me in till 1-9-17...I will have in hand a new sensor by noon Wednesday (special order) #68078700AE...This is the 4th part# change for this particular part since 2012...More JUNK made in Mexico/China maybe....Ironic....This oem mopar part costs around $17.00....It's the first oem part I can remember that actually costs LESS than the same part purchased from a local chain auto parts store for $23.99:word:

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had bought mine from Napa but lo and behold once I removed it from the Napa box it was indeed an OE switch with the Chrysler logo.

saselker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I disassembled my bad OEM one only to find the contacts were assembled improperly. The plated discs were put on the wrong side of the flat springs inside the switch on two of three sets of contacts. I don't know where the OEM one was made for sure, but a lot of Chrysler stuff seems to be coming from China by the labeling. The Napa replacement was definatly not OEM (lacked the molded logos etc) but otherwise nearly identical. The Napa part was clearly marked as made in China. I don't know how this part worked as long as it did...

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get in the truck and start it....Touch the brake pedal, and you can hear/feel the brake sensor engage...All 3 brake lights work properly...Lift your foot off the brake pedal, and you can hear the sensor dis-engage.....Then when I put the truck in forward or reverse and use the brake, I do not feel/hear the sensor open/close...Brake lights still work properly...Shut the truck off,open the door,hit the door lock switch, and when it locks the truck,I can hear the brake switch sensor quickly engage/dis-engage...New servicing dealer cant get me in till 1-9-17...I will have in hand a new sensor by noon Wednesday (special order) #68078700AE...This is the 4th part# change for this particular part since 2012...More JUNK made in Mexico/China maybe....Ironic....This oem mopar part costs around $17.00....It's the first oem part I can remember that actually costs LESS than the same part purchased from a local chain auto parts store for $23.99:word:

What is not working? Why do you want to replace the switch? It sounds like the brake lights still work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk