What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lil Ram- how do you like the HF one? I saw how it was on sale and I was hesitant to buy cause you hear mix reviews on HF stuff.

Curious here to. Need one and love harbor freight, but like you said, am hesitant.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Lil Ram- how do you like the HF one? I saw how it was on sale and I was hesitant to buy cause you hear mix reviews on HF stuff.

I think it does a great job. Not to powerful to mess anything up but will remove mud with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well hopefully they have another sale and coupon sent out so I can get them! I don't need a hardcore power washer, would like one to foam up and clean cars/truck good, and the occasional household siding cleaning. I own a rancher so no need to have something shoot high in sky.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Well hopefully they have another sale and coupon sent out so I can get them! I don't need a hardcore power washer, would like one to foam up and clean cars/truck good, and the occasional household siding cleaning. I own a rancher so no need to have something shoot high in sky.

Idk the retail price on it isn't to bad. It comes with s foam cannon. May not be a chemical guys or Adams quality gun but it does a good job. I need to get some foam spray for it been using meguires gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I bit the bullet and ordered the new chrome peace for my rear bumper.

Good thing I did because the rust put a whole in it. :jawdrop: I knew that was going to happen eventually. :crazy:

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my AC recharge today hopefully that was all that was wrong, with summertime coming an being Florida I ain't trying to deal with no AC and 95+ degrees like when I was a kid LOL. Plus I drive like so much more of an ******* when not nice an cooled

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I realized that I'm going to have to use water to clean the truck for the first time in 6 months. I've been using Chemical Guys Ecosmart to clean it, but I waited too long and it's too crusty for a waterless wash now.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I realized that I'm going to have to use water to clean the truck for the first time in 6 months. I've been using Chemical Guys Ecosmart to clean it, but I waited too long and it's too crusty for a waterless wash now.

try the chemical guys rinse-less wash, i LOVE that stuff

Masonrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A lot has happened. Got the ram air intake installed, now pulling 15mpg! Got my rear lights installed with a bit of trouble, before grandpa let the truck come to me he decided to jackknife a trailer into it. This resulted in an hour worth of rubber mallet and reshaping the tail light mounts.

Pics are below. Next purchase is a Glasspack muffler. Anybody have experience with them? I'm not getting the performance I want at the top end of my RPM range and I'm thinking I could be getting some back pressure? It's the 4.7 mind you, but it is still putting down nice low and mid range performance, however not at that 4500-5500RPM range.

IMG_0830.jpg

MTLHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
A lot has happened. Got the ram air intake installed, now pulling 15mpg! Got my rear lights installed with a bit of trouble, before grandpa let the truck come to me he decided to jackknife a trailer into it. This resulted in an hour worth of rubber mallet and reshaping the tail light mounts.

Pics are below. Next purchase is a Glasspack muffler. Anybody have experience with them? I'm not getting the performance I want at the top end of my RPM range and I'm thinking I could be getting some back pressure? It's the 4.7 mind you, but it is still putting down nice low and mid range performance, however not at that 4500-5500RPM range.

IMG_0830.jpg
There's that much of a difference with the intake in gas mileage ? I'm pulling 12 basically stock. Me thinks it's time to make an order for vararam

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

IMG_0830.jpg

i would say get a flowmaster super 40, very common muffler that has great sound, glasspack i wouldnt get unless you just are set on a certain sound, which isnt a great one IMO, plus id say the flowmaster would do more for the power you want than a glasspack

Masonrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's that much of a difference with the intake in gas mileage ? I'm pulling 12 basically stock. Me thinks it's time to make an order for vararam

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Well, granted I've only had it for a week now, so I don't have much fuel tracking. But I've yet to dip below 14 since it was added.

i would say get a flowmaster super 40, very common muffler that has great sound, glasspack i wouldnt get unless you just are set on a certain sound, which isnt a great one IMO, plus id say the flowmaster would do more for the power you want than a glasspack

Okay, then I'll definitely look into the super 40. I was looking to save a bit of scratch with the glass packs(college budget and all), but if you think that a flowmater would do more than it seems like that's the route I should go! But I am skeptical about spending double for flowmaster.

But, I'm gonna be setting up the exhaust so it's easy to swap mufflers(or just straight pipe) so even if I go woth something cheaper first then I can always upgrade.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look at the Thrush welded mufflers. Great low tone, but no drone at Hwy speeds. Plus, half the price of a flowmaster.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Look at the Thrush welded mufflers. Great low tone, but no drone at Hwy speeds. Plus, half the price of a flowmaster.

i was about to suggest this, there are many knock off flowmaster mufflers that most exhaust shops have that will give you what you are looking for but lower cost

Masonrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Only problem with that is that I am going to be calmping not welding. Does thrush make any clampable mufflers?

Edit: Nevermind, just read some reviews saying that they clamped it.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is called a welded muffler, because it is welded together. You can clamp it on. Mine is clamped.