What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Slowly coming to terms with the fact that I may have to sell my truck in the next few months, pending a potential job change and PCS across country. Three little kids now, and the new job would have a long commute for a few years that having my 13mpg avg wouldn't be a good thing. Post training I'd be hopping back a Ram, most likely a 2500, preferably a 6.7/6 speed combo. We'll see tho..

Even if I do move and sell, I'll be lurking around here. You guys are just too much fun.

I'll keep y'all posted!

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Slowly coming to terms with the fact that I may have to sell my truck in the next few months, pending a potential job change and PCS across country. Three little kids now, and the new job would have a long commute for a few years that having my 13mpg avg wouldn't be a good thing. Post training I'd be hopping back a Ram, most likely a 2500, preferably a 6.7/6 speed combo. We'll see tho..

Even if I do move and sell, I'll be lurking around here. You guys are just too much fun.

I'll keep y'all posted!

That sucks wish you the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks wish you the best

Thanks. I really want to do the new job, cause I'd get to live in Monterey CA for almost 18 months, which is dope. My job might be going away so I'm looking at getting ahead of the ball game here. I'd be sad to sell my truck, but that's life. I'll have a Superchips 3865 for sale if I do! Haha

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Thanks. I really want to do the new job, cause I'd get to live in Monterey CA for almost 18 months, which is dope. My job might be going away so I'm looking at getting ahead of the ball game here. I'd be sad to sell my truck, but that's life. I'll have a Superchips 3865 for sale if I do! Haha
Good luck buddy, I could "store" your truck for you.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck buddy, I could "store" your truck for you.

Haha thanks. It's going to be used to trade in for something with decent gas mileage and four doors. In eyeing a 2007 dodge caliber, 5 speed.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Haha thanks. It's going to be used to trade in for something with decent gas mileage and four doors. In eyeing a 2007 dodge caliber, 5 speed.
I tried, think you'll like that, a coworker had one, went pretty well with that no shift acceleration.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Got some parts in right before I left on vacation so might have a chance to install them next week. Still can't work but they gave me back use of my thumb and index finger. I got a protective film for my light bar that alters the color as well so I'll put it on.
Hopefully I'll be able to do some of it.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

For the caliber...Carefully look at the engine cradle. They just had a recall on engine cradle rot/replacement.

They also eat front lower A arms (puck bushings), and rear upper control arms.

Not bad little econo cars...but we dumped my wifes after i replaced a set of control arms and a month later they were bad again (front and rear). then after it was gone we got the recall notice on the cradle. Thing was probably wobbling itself in half with a split cradle.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the caliber...Carefully look at the engine cradle. They just had a recall on engine cradle rot/replacement.

They also eat front lower A arms (puck bushings), and rear upper control arms.

Not bad little econo cars...but we dumped my wifes after i replaced a set of control arms and a month later they were bad again (front and rear). then after it was gone we got the recall notice on the cradle. Thing was probably wobbling itself in half with a split cradle.

Thanks for the info!! I'll be sure to check that all out.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8

What engine size is your truck would that work for my 4.7 the super chips

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines the 5.7. I'm not sure, but I think it works for the 4.7. According to another forum it is compatible with the 4.7.

Last edited:

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Mines the 5.7. I'm not sure, but I think it works for the 4.7. According to another forum it is compatible with the 4.7.

Let me know when your ready to sell I would like to get it if the price is good. Just got to make sure my wife don't find out lol since we just had a baby she said no more lmao

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know when your ready to sell I would like to get it if the price is good. Just got to make sure my wife don't find out lol since we just had a baby she said no more lmao

Will do buddy!

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'll get about an hours sleep....then play greenskeeper for a few hours....mebbe get the bike out.....gotta clean the truck fer sure.