Shuddering and high frequency vibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonys ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 regular cab 4x4 with 12,000 miles...yes I baby it.

I have this issue of high frequency vibration that I can't pinpoint. Yes been thru the dealer since its still under warranty. I get the old run around. Started two star cases, also run around. Everyone says its normal. I say its not. Worse prior to shift points, but normally always there. When I take it out of MDS mode its half as bad. Is it the torque converter, is it the transmission, is it the motor, is it the MDS, ??? Or is it something completely different. I'm at wits end and want to figure this out once and for all.

Besides the high frequency, it shudders also.

Hope a Ram Care rep see this.

Thank You.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 regular cab 4x4 with 12,000 miles...yes I baby it.

I have this issue of high frequency vibration that I can't pinpoint. Yes been thru the dealer since its still under warranty. I get the old run around. Started two star cases, also run around. Everyone says its normal. I say its not. Worse prior to shift points, but normally always there. When I take it out of MDS mode its half as bad. Is it the torque converter, is it the transmission, is it the motor, is it the MDS, ??? Or is it something completely different. I'm at wits end and want to figure this out once and for all.

Besides the high frequency, it shudders also.

Hope a Ram Care rep see this.

Thank You.
There was another person on this forum that had this issues... Not sure what happened... I think he sold his truck, dealer never figured it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Duffr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Maybe driveshafts out of balance? IDK man.

I had some high frequency shuddering in a 2004 Cummins that couldn't be pinpointed either. They also told me it was normal. Long story short, it had a hairline crack on top of the transfer case that got worse and worse until it finally grenaded on me going 75 down the interstate. I was 200 miles past the 70,000 mile warranty when the t-case literally exploded underneath my truck. They wouldn't honor the warranty even though I had it in twice to be looked at by the dealer before it happened.

Just thought I'd share my experience with shuddering. Hope you get it figured out man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe driveshafts out of balance? IDK man.

I had some high frequency shuddering in a 2004 Cummins that couldn't be pinpointed either. They also told me it was normal. Long story short, it had a hairline crack on top of the transfer case that got worse and worse until it finally grenaded on me going 75 down the interstate. I was 200 miles past the 70,000 mile warranty when the t-case literally exploded underneath my truck. They wouldn't honor the warranty even though I had it in twice to be looked at by the dealer before it happened.

Just thought I'd share my experience with shuddering. Hope you get it figured out man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ouch! Yeah I should have said check the drive shaft, they may force balance your tires (forget the name of it)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
this issue was common in the 11 MY. there was a recall and chrysler was replacing transfer cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963