DEF limp mode countdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlajeanette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Duramax
I've had my 2013 Dodge 3500 Dooley in the shop twice to stop the countdown. I had to cancel a whole weeks worth of work because I haul horses up and down the West Coast. They told me today there is no part in the United States to fix my truck and I would have to wait. I'm a single mom and I work for myself and I have worked many years to build my company and clients into what it is today. I was just told that there's nothing dodge can do and that I should buy a new truck and wait out the 30 to 45 days. I can't just buy a new truck so does this mean I lose my career, my job and my home because of dodges immemse emissions problems since introducing DEF! I've called customer care, I've called every truck rental available and all my dealership said was here by this new truck, there must be some kind of compensation or something that can be done, can anyone help me with this ?

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your options are to take it somewhere and have it deleted or try and purchase the part from a member here who has deleted their truck...
I'm sure there are plenty of members who have their emissions systems gathering dust in the shed and would sell or loan you the part until your new one turns up.....
Post up the part number you need and I'm sure somebody close can help you out.
I have a complete system here, but I'm in Australia.....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
UGH! Sorry to hear this, my 13 just threw a DEF service light today.
What is wrong with your system?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they can't get the part for a 2013 model year truck.

If the dealer network and Dodge Customer Service are unable, or unwilling for some reason, to help my suggestion is to have the DPF system deleted, get the aftermarket program from EFI Live and get rid of that headache of a system.

I have a practically new truck, had numerous failures and one limp mode occurrence in a remote area (which really wasn't acceptable IMHO) and all they could do was clear the code and send me on my way.

I did the delete and program at the end of June and have had no problems since. And the truck runs a LOT better.

Good luck.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
PHEW! my DEF idiot light was caused by the recall having to do with the catalytic converter....:happy107:

Wise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Purchased a scan tool from harbor frieght to delete the code until my parts came in. The code would come back up every so often but I could clear it and get more miles until limp mode.