stained new cloth seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Daughter spilled koolaid in the grey cloth seats of our new ram 2500.. any idea how to get the stains out? No color is showing up, just looks wet (which its not)

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Ask your dealer who they use to detail their used cars or ask around for the best detailer locally. It'll cost some but you won't see it everytime you drive the truck. It's too new to have that showing.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My salesman told me the cloth seats were warranted against staining and if I got a stain to bring it to them and they would clean it.
Maybe it's something that dealer does, but would be worth asking yours about.

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you tried any sort of carpet cleaner such as hot shot (hot spot maybe?)? I've spilled all kinds of stuff on my seats and haven't found anything yet that carpet cleaner won't get out.

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think it's spot shot.

That's the stuff! I used it as directed and then shop vacced it. It may or may not have removed a whole cup of tobacco spit from my gray seats at 1200 miles :yucky:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got coffee out of mine with Chemical Guys upholstery cleaner. Some of the heavier spots needed their nonsense cleaner.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Brake parts cleaner works for me.

YMMV [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ronheater70

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As Mentioned above, i sorta recall a salesman telling me about an interior fabric warranty as well. I think I need to look it up somehow in my paperwork maybe..Or would they be able to run my info at the dealership and tell me?
I'm going to look into some of the other suggestions you guys made here as well.. Thank you!

Dirtydodge14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the stuff! I used it as directed and then shop vacced it. It may or may not have removed a whole cup of tobacco spit from my gray seats at 1200 miles :yucky:

hate when that happens

marathonsp10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i used chemical guys stain remover and the cloth seat shampoo. i got lazy and took over a year to clean my back seat after a buddy spilled soda over the back seat.

i actually cleaned them last night and after using the shampoo i could see the stain again. used some of the stain remover and scrubbing and all stains came out.

the difference in my drivers seat was amazing, and i didn't have to use a machine. I just used a little scrub brush and microfibers. i used a wetvac to suck up the dirt that was raised to the top.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it needs a deep clean and any cleaner you dab and brush at then wipe off may not work. You need something to deep soak and pull out, kinda like a wetvac.

I spent nearly 3 hours last week cleaning a 3rd of my rear bench seat. I have an upholstery cleaner that allows you to see what is being sucked out, so you know once the job is really done. After lightly spraying upholstery cleaner and subsequently spraying 60 ounces of water over the area, soap and dirt just kept coming up before the job was finally done.

I personally think the dab and wipe cleaners will just clean the surface and that cleaner will always be deeply rooted in the cloth with whatever stained the seat to begin with. It will eventually rise again.

I would pay to have it cleaned if you do not have an upholstery cleaner.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Trick I was taught for carpet, is original blue dawn soap with warm water in a spray bottle, white towel and an iron, soak the spot with the dawn and water, place white towel over spot and iron on medium heat, it should pull the stain into the white towel that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk