Muffler Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the delete on mine and I get compliments on the sound all the time. You will love it.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To turn off MDS:

For non-Tuner/temporary MDS disable.

1. Put truck in drive. You can do this while driving, however, it's safer to push on the brake pedal and follow the next steps.
2. Hit the - on the steering wheel and you'll see a 1 light up on the dash.
3. Hit + on the steering wheel to desired max gear to be used. (The tranny will shift through all the gears don't worry)
4. Now drive.

The MDS will be disabled. However, once you put the transmission in any other gear P/N/R you must repeat the process every time. Kind of annoying, but will save you a few hundred bucks on a tuner ... for the time being.

OP
OP
smokedbystang

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Thanks for the tip. I don't have the + - on the steering wheel except for the cruise control. Mine is on the column shifter. I'm assuming the process is the same? Never tried it.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny (recent) story:

I had to take my truck in for some warranty work and for the recall. When I went to pick it up the next day, they sent one of the lot attendant kids to go pull it around for me. Normally, I don't like anyone driving my truck (especially some high schooler) but I wanted to see how it played out. I watch the kid remote start my truck (easiest way to find it in a sea of other Rams I guess) and he jumped when he heard it. He immediately cut it off and got a service tech to come outside and look at it. By this time, I walk towards both of them and let them know that's my truck. The tech told me that the kid thought something was wrong with it because he never heard a truck sound like that before. These dang millennials...:doh2:

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice! Im getting my muffler deleted today!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Call me a negative Nancy, or maybe I'm just old, but my 24" Magnaflow puts out about as much noise as I want (and my neighbors will tolerate).

I don't want the dog slobbering at the front door for a quarter mile as I'm coming home and my exhaust announces my imminent arrival.

Whatever, its your truck and your life; enjoy it while you can I guess.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Casper, it is really not as loud as you would think. At idle, you can hardly tell the muffler is missing. The sound comes from a cold start and marrying the pedal to the floor. Do you get noticed, you bet but it is not "1960's Glass Packs" loud. But yeah, your dog would be waiting for you when you pulled into the neighborhood, lol.

I see you are in Springfield. I'm one county south of you (Prince William) and if you ever want to hear it live, let me know. I can swing by the town center.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Casper, it is really not as loud as you would think. At idle, you can hardly tell the muffler is missing. The sound comes from a cold start and marrying the pedal to the floor. Do you get noticed, you bet but it is not "1960's Glass Packs" loud. But yeah, your dog would be waiting for you when you pulled into the neighborhood, lol.

I see you are in Springfield. I'm one county south of you (Prince William) and if you ever want to hear it live, let me know. I can swing by the town center.
Thanks for the offer. I've blown my piggy bank for exhaust at this point. I realize it's not glasspak loud, and I suppose without headers it wouldn't be bad in a rural area--but I have to say I get some loud echoes under overpasses now, and its hard to imagine going much louder.

I bought my RAM at Lustine, and I get down to PW County frequently for the ("Hood-bridge" :) ) Lowes, or to go to a P-Nats game, and my Doc is in Dumfries.

The way I see it is everyone should have the exhaust they want as long as it doesn't wake up your neighbors, or draw the Po-Po's attention.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 14" mufflex on my truck and the mufflex delete on my buddies truck. I like them both. Sometimes I wish I had the delete, other times I'm glad I don't which means no change! I don't think you can go wrong either way