Bed Organization - Phase One

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my ratcheting cargo bar and adjustable organizer.

Got a Sunferno bar. Very easy to ratchet and release. However I need longer arms to hold both sides in place until the ratcheting. A common problem with all of them I'd assume. But it claims to hold up to 220 lbs. Might get a subdivider for it as well. The picture shows a slight bow in the bar. It you crank it really tight it'll do that. But I'd rather the bar bend than deform my bed. I found you don't have to make it very tight at all and it holds just as well.

The organizer is a Rola. It's got rigid walls and three fully adjustable dividers that attach top and bottom with wide Velcro strips. Also folds flat when not in use. I got it because of the height. It'll slide right under the tonneau canister. Without the dividers in there. I got the 38", but they make a 25" as well. One of each would cover the entire bed width. But the plans for it are to be under the canister, and to hold jumper cables, tools, flashlight, tie downs, etc.. Stuff I don't need to access all the time. The picture shows it in grocery mode. I'm gonna buy another, or something else for that duty.

Both seem to be of good quality. Only time will tell if they'll hold up. But they were reasonably priced.

Organization_Phase1.jpg

wink

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
your next step could be get a extend a bed thing and keep it folded in and that is a great cage to keep bags or soccer balls whatever in a area

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
here a pic1ceec6423c425d9bdd14e98d7b398812.jpg

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
your next step could be get a extend a bed thing and keep it folded in and that is a great cage to keep bags or soccer balls whatever in a area

I looked at those. Hell I think I've looked at everything in the past couple of months. That's really major overkill for what I want | need, but thanks for the suggestion! I'll likely get another Rola, and have extra dividers from this one.

BTW, In the pic I have the cargo bar in front of the Rola, but doubt it's needed. The organizer has a rubber bottom so it probably sticks to the bed floor, and definitely sticks to my spray on liner. I tried pushing it across the bed empty, and it wouldn't budge. It's also wide enough that I doubt it'll tip over, but haven't tested that with any tall objects. But I've got tie-downs and the bar if needed.

Speaking of the bar. I was just about to pull the trigger on the Heininger bar, but read some comments that made me rethink it. True or not I don't know, but several people said you had to kind of estimate the width before ratcheting because it has a wide swing with one ratchet cycle. The Sunferno doesn't have that problem because it moves one notch per ratchet cycle. Just pull it apart to the actual width, then ratchet it once or twice, and done. I must say this seems much easier.

wink

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know what you mean I got two of those that I bought from Lowe's I use to use them before I made my flatbed

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Op do you have a link for that Sunferno bar as everytime I go to look it up, it comes up as a battery charger or Facebook automotive straps.

F.O.F

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^ Thank you very much for taking time out and posting that link for me.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update on the Rola organizer. Just went to the grocery store and loaded up the organizer. The biggest heaviest item was a gallon of milk. I took a route home with lots of highway and city driving. Lots of turns, hills, and bumps. I drove in SCCA mode ;), blasting through turns, hard braking, etc.. Got home and the Rola was exactly where I left it, and not one thing was out of place or rolling around the bed. Just keeping the milk from overturning paid for itself to me.

wink

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You had me convinced which is why I purchased exactly what you have lol.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The true test will be after you install your supercharger and do a "little spirited driving". Maybe even a couple trips up to Bandy. If everything is still in place then you got a pretty secure system. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm hopeful to now be able to put groceries in the back in (1) location and arrive home that way lol.

F.O.F

tonys ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my ratcheting cargo bar and adjustable organizer.

Got a Sunferno bar. Very easy to ratchet and release. However I need longer arms to hold both sides in place until the ratcheting. A common problem with all of them I'd assume. But it claims to hold up to 220 lbs. Might get a subdivider for it as well. The picture shows a slight bow in the bar. It you crank it really tight it'll do that. But I'd rather the bar bend than deform my bed. I found you don't have to make it very tight at all and it holds just as well.

The organizer is a Rola. It's got rigid walls and three fully adjustable dividers that attach top and bottom with wide Velcro strips. Also folds flat when not in use. I got it because of the height. It'll slide right under the tonneau canister. Without the dividers in there. I got the 38", but they make a 25" as well. One of each would cover the entire bed width. But the plans for it are to be under the canister, and to hold jumper cables, tools, flashlight, tie downs, etc.. Stuff I don't need to access all the time. The picture shows it in grocery mode. I'm gonna buy another, or something else for that duty.

Both seem to be of good quality. Only time will tell if they'll hold up. But they were reasonably priced.

Organization_Phase1.jpg

wink

Looks good. I have a bar, need to get the organizer now. By the way those two bed lights in the picture.... are they factory? My 2015 does not have them. If there after market ones, where can I purchase them.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The true test will be after you install your supercharger and do a "little spirited driving". Maybe even a couple trips up to Bandy. If everything is still in place then you got a pretty secure system. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

Made 4 passes Wed at Bandi, and they were in there. Of course no groceries. However acceleration isn't going to be a problem with it against the tailgate. When I move it under the tonneau canister that could change, well maybe with boost. It'll have ~1.5" clearance, so the canister will prevent it from tipping over. I already planned to bungee it to the front loops on both sides.

I think cornering, especially with the Ram's high COG would be the only worry. When it's in grocery mode against the tailgate anyways. But I normally don't drive like a manic on grocery runs. So my extreme cornering yesterday is probably the worst it'll ever see.

wink

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. I have a bar, need to get the organizer now. By the way those two bed lights in the picture.... are they factory? My 2015 does not have them. If there after market ones, where can I purchase them.

Thanks! The lights were standard equipment.

wink

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to bring up an OLD thread, but almost 7 years later, how did it stand up?