Few rebel questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rebel questions

Is the all black seats with tread pattern all cloth, or is it leather or vinyl trimmed?

Is a rebel louder than a stock ram?

Trying to figure this out before I go to the dealer tomorrow. Wife doesn't want a loud truck, and isn't fond of all cloth seats.

Thanks guys!

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Rebel has a cloth and vinyl mix. The vinyl feels like leather but its not. I really like it myself. The cloth part (Center area of each seat) has the imprint of the Toyo tires on it. Kind of a cool addition.

The Rebel isn't any louder than a stock 1500 (in my experience). Its got the same exhust and hemi. If you start adding things...new muffler, tips, intake...of course its going to be louder...if you don't...should be just fine.

One thing to note...the stock Rebel comes with a silver front skid plate and red trimmed seats and dash. The sides of the seats are red, the rest black. There is a "Dark" Option..something like $500 onto the MSRP that makes the seats all black and has a black front skid plate.

Mine doesn't have the "Dark" option...but for some reason has the all black interior, with the silver skid plate. Just something to think about when you look around at RAM's.

Good luck with your choice! I love the air suspension in mine and the off road tires really set it apart from regular RAM's. Its all personal choice...can't go wrong with a Rebel or a Sport or any other model...they're all RAM's at heart :)

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the great reply! The one I'm looking at has the all black seats with the tire imprint still, but I couldn't tell by the pictures if it was all cloth. The window sticker didn't mention anything about it being cloth or vinyl.

My wife was concerned the Rebel would be louder because she read two articles how the Rebel has "snorting" exhaust as they called it. I told her it'd be the same as a stock Ram, but she was weary.

I'm ready to pull the trigger, but now she's getting cold feet lol. We'll see if I can convince her tomorrow!

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured that too. My 285s on my truck hum quite loud now tho, so that's fine haha

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured that too. My 285s on my truck hum quite loud now tho, so that's fine haha
I'm so friggin jealous man lol... I'm dying to get a 17 rebel... I'm hoping 2018 4th of July sales I'll get one but we'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Rebel has a cloth and vinyl mix. The vinyl feels like leather but its not. I really like it myself. The cloth part (Center area of each seat) has the imprint of the Toyo tires on it. Kind of a cool addition.

The Rebel isn't any louder than a stock 1500 (in my experience). Its got the same exhust and hemi. If you start adding things...new muffler, tips, intake...of course its going to be louder...if you don't...should be just fine.

One thing to note...the stock Rebel comes with a silver front skid plate and red trimmed seats and dash. The sides of the seats are red, the rest black. There is a "Dark" Option..something like $500 onto the MSRP that makes the seats all black and has a black front skid plate.

Mine doesn't have the "Dark" option...but for some reason has the all black interior, with the silver skid plate. Just something to think about when you look around at RAM's.

Good luck with your choice! I love the air suspension in mine and the off road tires really set it apart from regular RAM's. Its all personal choice...can't go wrong with a Rebel or a Sport or any other model...they're all RAM's at heart :)
You said the sides of the seats are red, what about the backs? Just curious kuz I've been looking at rebels also and every single one has all black interior except one, which had black front then sides of seats AND back of seats were red as well as all red stitching instead of white... I thought it must've been some special edition but from what it sounded like what you said it's the base model? Lol, kuz man I LOVED that red

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm so friggin jealous man lol... I'm dying to get a 17 rebel... I'm hoping 2018 4th of July sales I'll get one but we'll see.

Hopefully the wife gives the green light lol!!!! I want it so bad, its a beast!

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You said the sides of the seats are red, what about the backs? Just curious kuz I've been looking at rebels also and every single one has all black interior except one, which had black front then sides of seats AND back of seats were red as well as all red stitching instead of white... I thought it must've been some special edition but from what it sounded like what you said it's the base model? Lol, kuz man I LOVED that red

The back of the seats are red also, the only part of my Rebel I hate are the seats. I like the red and black but hate the cloth in set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The back of the seats are red also, the only part of my Rebel I hate are the seats. I like the red and black but hate the cloth in set.

I hate leather/ vinyl and love cloth (my skin doesn't stick to it and it doesn't get hot or cold. ) but my Lord that rebel interior is beautiful IMO and I'll be ok with peeling off of those seats lol

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate leather/ vinyl and love cloth (my skin doesn't stick to it and it doesn't get hot or cold. ) but my Lord that rebel interior is beautiful IMO and I'll be ok with peeling off of those seats lol

I don't mind the vinyl but I'm more of a leather guy. I'll definitely be getting rid of these seats and having custom ones made.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

May I ask why you don't like the cloth insert?

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May I ask why you don't like the cloth insert?

I have pets and kids and although I don't allow eating or drinking in my truck you still get random little stains and pet hair embedded in it. Leather is just a lot easier to clean and I think it looks better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't mind the vinyl but I'm more of a leather guy. I'll definitely be getting rid of these seats and having custom ones made.

I've had leather in my vehicles since 1994....I'm a big fan of leather seats.

With that being said...I really love the Rebel interior. The vinyl feels like leather and looks like it will wear very very well. I don't mind it at all.

I also have a Silver Rebel. I wanted a silver front skid plate to offset the silver color around the flat black bumper and grill. I was willing to go with the red interior but would have preferred the black. For some reason the one my dealer traded for (had the options I wanted) had the silver front skid plate, no "Dark" option but came with the black interior (not red). Exactly what I wanted.

The red would have been fine with me but I got what I wanted.

I did a quick google search and found that the "black" edition actually comes with all black rims / trim / skid plate and black leather. Mine is just the dark interior (no red). Mine also has the silver and black rims...which I like because it offsets the silver color of the truck. Here's a video on the "black" edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVlxZTwTyo

The dark option is just aesthetics...a Rebel is a Rebel and its still a RAM. Good luck with your choice and keep us updated!!!

:happy107:

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm not sure how they differentiate between the red seats and black seats on the build sheet. The one I'm looking at has everything I want, except a bed liner. My wife would prefer real leather seats, but she loves the look of the Rebel over the other trims. I have an appointment for 3:15 EDT today, so I'll (hopefully) be driving home with it tonight. If I don't, well, I'll be awfully sad, but it is what it is. Will update ASAP!

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome truck man

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looks great! That's a helluva price for a Rebel too. Dark interior...and you can always paint the front skid plate if you want. There are several threads on a Rebel specific website..(forums).

If you're not going to offroad and only need 4x2 that looks like a great truck. I live in Minnesota and will have to use the 4x4 on occasion in the snow up here.

Good luck today!

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! I'm hoping after trade and a bit of negotiation I'll be close to $30K out the door, we'll see though.

Only thing it doesn't have that I wanted was a bed liner. I'm going to see if I can get them to have one sprayed in for me. I called the dealer and asked if they sprayed liners, and they gave me the info to the company they out-source to, and that company only charges $375. I'm banking that they'll put one in for me if it guarantees the sell.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio