What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles.rogers1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
picked up a new headlight switch for my rusted out 95 single cab that crappy out after a night of ******* around in some fields

vfb51.jpg

And a new steering shaft to go with my ramsteeringfix bearing replacement on my lifted 98

2z4wp5c.jpg

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Damnit. Makes me wanna put mine in.

Just make sure you got a Plan B if they aren't as "direct fit" as advertised. ;)

Shorties'll boost the low and mid range power, which is precisely where you want to see an increase on our heavy trucks. I know Pepper likes his long tubes but he's also got that M1 which let's in a lot more air and makes those long tubes, which move more air out, right at home. With the kegger, I just don't think long tubes will be much better overall than shorties.

Now, you'll certainly get more benefit from the shorties with other stuff. My tune was basically waiting for a year for these babies.

Next up, Harland Sharp 1.7 ratio roller rockers! Gonna have to wait till next year methinks because I REALLY need to head to the steering shop and get some work done on the front end. The front end of my truck has it's own little war going on. It squeaks, it clunks, it pulls and it keeps trashing the ****ing driver side u-joint.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Just make sure you got a Plan B if they aren't as "direct fit" as advertised. ;)

Shorties'll boost the low and mid range power, which is precisely where you want to see an increase on our heavy trucks. I know Pepper likes his long tubes but he's also got that M1 which let's in a lot more air and makes those long tubes, which move more air out, right at home. With the kegger, I just don't think long tubes will be much better overall than shorties.

Now, you'll certainly get more benefit from the shorties with other stuff. My tune was basically waiting for a year for these babies.

Next up, Harland Sharp 1.7 ratio roller rockers! Gonna have to wait till next year methinks because I REALLY need to head to the steering shop and get some work done on the front end. The front end of my truck has it's own little war going on. It squeaks, it clunks, it pulls and it keeps trashing the ****ing driver side u-joint.

I don't have ebay shorties, I have Gibsons. lol They're gonna fit way better.

Yeah, Tyler has quite a few supporting mods and lemme tell you, that truck moves. lol

jlbayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 & 1997
Engine
5.9l cummins
test

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1503880020783.jpg
    FB_IMG_1503880020783.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 14

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
So there I was...
standing at the paint rack at the local hobby store. I spied a can of Sublime Green. "Wow" I says to myself..."That's OEM Mopar mix!"
So I bought a can and took it home...and this is what happened.
I fear the powder coater may be making more money off of me.
Trying to decide if the gauge faces need to be white.

Attachments

• 100_0374.jpg
    100_0374.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 12

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
So there I was...
standing at the paint rack at the local hobby store. I spied a can of Sublime Green. "Wow" I says to myself..."That's OEM Mopar mix!"
So I bought a can and took it home...and this is what happened.
I fear the powder coater may be making more money off of me.
Trying to decide if the gauge faces need to be white.

I kinda like it

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So, after the first week with the shorties, I've come to the conclusion that they ****ing rock. Shoulda got some years ago. Basically, overall performance has improved noticeably and I gotta admit, I rather like the "tick tick tick" of the valvetrain at idle. Makes the engine sound much rawer. When I pulled into the parking lot at Wal-Mart on Tuesday, I'm just sitting there for a few moments and this guy in a Ford gets out of his truck, looks back and stares at my truck until I shut the engine off. Not sure if he was looking in awe or if he was thinking "that guy's gonna bust a lifter." Or, I dunno, maybe he was simply being like "durr hurr, Dodge."

Tonight, I had to do weekend work, which was worsened by that fact that this whole past week was a ****ing SOB suckfest (work sucks). Got off a bit ago and drove kinda easy since it's dark out and my eyesight is bad enough in daylight, let alone at night. I was doing 70 and the usual long, steep hill came up but I waited until I just started up it before digging into the throttle which I don't normally do but I was being easy. Anyway, I'm about to crest it and look down at the speedo and realize that I've actually accelerated up to 75. Man, even with the tune, I couldn't do that on that particular hill prior to the headers.

Also, heading into work, I got myself good and pumped up (not for work itself, of course) with some Metallica and, reaching the section of highway that I like to call "The Stretch," I dug into the throttle a little deeper than normal. I watched the speedo smoothly climb right up to 90 before I let off. I was still in overdrive and had to take a moment to reminisce about the time long ago when doing the same thing would barely take me past 70. Power wise, I think I'm still well short of a stock 5.7 Hemi but oh well. Stroking, forced induction or simple induction swaps are well out of my budget for quite a while but I'm certainly happy with what I've got at the moment.

Might have to do a top speed run one of these times. I've watched videos of guys with fewer mods bury the speedo in a second gen and still keep pulling. Gotta get my front end and steering straightened a bit first though. If I tried to do 100 right now, I'm not certain I could hold her straight, LOL.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Oh, just do it. Headers have been proven power gains for, what, seventy years? You've already got a modified TB, go ahead and get a tune while you're at it. You won't regret it. ;)

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Oh, just do it. Headers have been proven power gains for, what, seventy years? You've already got a modified TB, go ahead and get a tune while you're at it. You won't regret it. ;)

lol I have dentistry for my wife I have to pay for.

I need my gaskets and bolts and I will.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey, I've got dentistry of my own coming up (one tooth's been root canal'd and needs finishing work, another's rotted almost through and a thrid isn't far behind) but I didn't let that stop me. Good thing my insurance is covering half of it or I'd really be in a sling. I'm gonna be in deep anyway but screw it. You only live once, right? I would just swipe my credit card for those Harland Sharps but man, I've been to hell in back to get the ****ers open again. That's one pit I definitely don't want to fall in again, LOL.

I'll recommend the Remflex gaskets that I'm using now. No leaks so far with my eBay shorties. Just don't bend them. They really don't like that. The packaging makes it pretty clear.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey, I've got dentistry of my own coming up (one tooth's been root canal'd and needs finishing work, another's rotted almost through and a thrid isn't far behind) but I didn't let that stop me. Good thing my insurance is covering half of it or I'd really be in a sling. I'm gonna be in deep anyway but screw it. You only live once, right? I would just swipe my credit card for those Harland Sharps but man, I've been to hell in back to get the ****ers open again. That's one pit I definitely don't want to fall in again, LOL.

I'll recommend the Remflex gaskets that I'm using now. No leaks so far with my eBay shorties. Just don't bend them. They really don't like that. The packaging makes it pretty clear.

I'm probably going to get some gibson gaskets. Mark, aka Merc225hp runs em on his headers and has had zero issues.
Not really so much getting the gaskets as it is the bolts, those ******* are expensive.

My wifes dentist work isn't covered by anything as she doesn't have any sort of insurance....

Truck needs a steering box and the Hyundai needs a couple things. :puke:

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

http://www.ramforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=92219&stc=1&d=1505751940

Attachments

• th (1).jpg
    th (1).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 52

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
The dash detailing continues.
This is a new piece from LMC truck. Seems to be well made. We'll see how it holds up. Painted to match body color with Stuplicolor.
Today I buffed out some rough spots, installed the vents, and did a test fit.
The look reminds me of something aeronautical and futuristic. I can't decide on the surround for the stereo head. It should be painted wither white or silver.
I decided to wait until my new lens for the cluster com,es in to install the bezel. I only want to do this once!

Attachments

• 100_0376.jpg
    100_0376.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0378.jpg
    100_0378.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0380.jpg
    100_0380.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0381.jpg
    100_0381.jpg