What makes 3rd Gen the best Gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
On the street to this date I always have noticed/loved 02-05!!! Over any other ram or make of trucks... But have always hated the ram head logo on all dodges.. But not bad on my 02 only couple small ones. Love lines, lights, grill the best. If had a newer interior would be killer.....

The Ram head is like an American flag. Iconic and never going away.

I have loved the Ram logo since I first laid eyes on the old Ram head that was on the hood of late 70's and 80's trucks. Best logo out there. Bowties are never good looking and I love how many I have seen that have fallen off because GM fails to use a good adhesive.

My favorite 3rd gens were from 06-08 love the changes they to me polished up the older version of the 3rd gen. I love mega cabs to this day just can't fit one in my garage.

$miley

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
What makes it the best is because I own one. I don't dig the 4th gen

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I love my 3rd Gen. Stupid capable in stock form. Only gripe is the squeaks and rattles in the interior. My buddy who owns the full boat Laramie 4th Gen says the interior is much improved!
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most number of special editions. i.e. Rumble Bee, Hemi Sport, SRT-10 (both body styles), GTX etc etc

I have a soft spot in my heart for the 02-08(3rd Gen). not because i got one but because they are still new enough that they still look new but old enough to do the mods that you want to do without spending a lot of cash doing so or worrying that it will void the warrantee.

the 72-93 models to a certain degree its hard to find parts for them. comparing it to say 73-87 GM trucks and 73-79 ans 80-91 F series Fords.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
3rd Gens are at the top of my list for 1 reason...
5.9 Cummins

Lets face it, the newer Cummins are good, but with all that enviro **** stuff on them they aren't going to last. Rip it off and you're potentially getting busted for violating laws with no solid basis behind them. The 5.9's in the 3rd generation body looked excellent, drove reasonably well, had the cab configurations to suite from a 2 man crew to a 6 if you had to.

They set the standard that GM/Ford still have not been able to achieve with their arrangement with Cummins, and GM/Ford likely never will achieve it.

My truck is comfortable, drives like a champ, tows like a champ, and gets 18/19mpg on the highway...

Until someone can show me something better, I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Gotta the the great paint work they put into the 3rd Gen Rams.

I've heard a lot of people say that they have issues with the clear coat, as I am with mine. And Dodge/Chrysler still won't correct the problem.

It's gonna cost me about $10K-$12K for a new paint job. (A little extra work included) but you catch my drift.

But still love my Mega Cab.