Griding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So on my way home from work today my truck made a hell of a grinding noise like bearings destroying. It actually made the truck jerk and seem like something was binding. I just replaced my wheel bearings in October. I'm thinking its this and i got a faulty one. If i can get a vid i will but it was so random it happens and i got the "WTF was that" thing going on and couldnt quite pinpoint the noise. It went away and drove perfectly fine, then about 500ft down the road i was going around a small turn and it started screaming again. Then the rest of the drive (about 5 miles) it was fine.
Cant get it in the father in laws garage till at least wednesday.
Any ideas i should look for past wheel bearing.
Oh and new U-joints last summer, greasable type, ill def give them another shot too.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
while turning only? - rear end

OP
OP
nussdawg395

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
First time it did it was on a straight right after a turn. Second was on a slight turn both rights. I def. have to crack the rears open and take a peek there too. Might be a good time to do so.

OP
OP
nussdawg395

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thats exactly what it was passenger wheek bearing. I've never heard a wheel bearing sound like that, but i took it to a garage (my uncle works there and gets full personal use on weekends and parts for cost) and put it on the lift, sure enough wheel bearing was bad. While i was in there i threw on new brakes and rotors and now all is well.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just last night, I felt the same thing in my truck, it wasn't a noise persay, but more of a grinding feeling. Both times the truck was in a slow turn. Might need to check mine out too.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Aw crap, the wheel bearing flu is spreading!

Noooooooo!!!!!!! Not the wheel bearing flu. I just got over the timing belt flu and the traction flu, you all need to stay far far away lol

Mine made that sound too. Wasn't a bearing though, it was the alignment tab on the front passenger wheel. The tab was sticking into the header. Trimmed it up and no more grinding