Parking brake hanging up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
My 04 rams parking brake is hanging up. I disassembled the rear assembly and inspected all of the parts. The springs looked ok,but went ahead and bought new ones. Havent put them on yet. There was minor surface rust, tried to get it off with steel wire brush. I lubbed the assembly and put it back together. Its still sticking. Does anyone have an idea what it might be? Im gonna try to put the new springs on this weekend

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Man I havent done that yet, bump for a good question. Wonder if the cable is rubbing in the liner?

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
I know its not the liner because the cable moves freely. When I apply the park brake and then release it the left is good to go but the right side hangs up at the hub and I have to manually release it, so I have tracked it down to the hub. But from there im dumbfounded

jedicazador

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
I have the same problem, went on this site to look for a remedy hope someone on here can help