My fail momment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My buddy has a old trailer frame from a mobile home on his property...I wanted a 24ft section of it to make a bridge accross my creek on my property so I don't have to worry about sinking the tractor... we had to move it out of the wet area to cut it...well I ended up sinking my truck in this process.

Thought the ground was dry....NOPE! Sunk like a friggin rock. And bald mud terrains didn't help me either.

Well, after a 1 ton dually CTD and my buddies 1/2 Ram...we got me and the trailer out!

Photo470.jpg
Photo471.jpg

Stuck the first time
Photo472.jpg
Photo473.jpg

Stuck the second time lol (you can see the 1 ton hooking up)
Photo474.jpg
Photo475.jpg

Then got the trailer off loaded and in a safe place to start cutting...I found a sink hole
Photo476.jpg
Photo477.jpg

Lesson learned....get some new tires!

Last edited:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Once those tires got a little slicked up you were screwed. lol

My first truck I bought had worn all terrains, and I got stuck in the smallest little mud puddle. It was rather embarrassing, so not long after that I bought my first set of mud terrains. Have ran nothing but them on all 3 trucks I've owned now.

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Once those tires got a little slicked up you were screwed. lol

My first truck I bought had worn all terrains, and I got stuck in the smallest little mud puddle. It was rather embarrassing, so not long after that I bought my first set of mud terrains. Have ran nothing but them on all 3 trucks I've owned now.

Haha yea what tread I have filled up and wouldn't clean.

And you right...it is kinda embarrising. Thats why I'll have 37s next week ;)

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
always come back to a half ton needing to help out.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I did almost the same thing with my girlfriends dads brand new at the time 09 cummins
I was trying to back our livestock trailer to a shoot gate to pick up some cows when the stock tires slicked up and I slid within 4 inches of the fence
I didn't bother trying to get it out I went and got the guys tractor, dropped the trailer, got the truck out and hooked the trailer to the tractor
Never a fun time

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I did almost the same thing with my girlfriends dads brand new at the time 09 cummins
I was trying to back our livestock trailer to a shoot gate to pick up some cows when the stock tires slicked up and I slid within 4 inches of the fence
I didn't bother trying to get it out I went and got the guys tractor, dropped the trailer, got the truck out and hooked the trailer to the tractor
Never a fun time

Yea...see you did it the smart way! We was gonna try and get the tractor back there...but it would have sank to. Then we would have been really screwed!

So a few tugs from the dually we was free...well untill I found that sink hole lol

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The guy had just gotten a new tractor that was the same as ours and I knew it had diff locks lol
Sink holes seem to be getting worse anymore

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Our tractor with front wheel assist was at the house 20 miles away...and no truck to go get it because we were all stuck haha

Yea sink holes suck...specially with an 8k lb truck

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ya know ya ain't really tryin' until ya get stuck! LOLOL

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score