• Toyo mud country

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Off brand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, list in post

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nitto mud graps life is terrible I heard from a lot of people if you drive em on pavement

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Toyos get my vote. I love those and trail grapplers but think when it's time I'm going toyo. Just a hair more ba than the nittos. I like the bfgs and have run them before but I personally want a change. Haha my info has just made me realize I have no idea what I want. Good luck bro.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I see people really love the toyos.. Hmmm I think the intros are a hair more aggressive but idk still which to get. I think ima draw straws lol. Hmm keep the votes coming guys!

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
You thought about Mickey Thompsons? I have had both the MTZs and ATZs and love them both. I have the ATZs on my truck currently and have about 25k miles on them and they are even 50% worn yet. The tread is HUGE, looks good, works good, and lasts forever!

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You thought about Mickey Thompsons? I have had both the MTZs and ATZs and love them both. I have the ATZs on my truck currently and have about 25k miles on them and they are even 50% worn yet. The tread is HUGE, looks good, works good, and lasts forever!

Never really thought about them. Deff getting a mt so how did yours perform and how long did they last

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Never really thought about them. Deff getting a mt so how did yours perform and how long did they last

Then definitely check out the MTZs. They performed GREAT, but I can't really tell you how they last, as the truck was totaled with only about 4k miles on the tires. They still looked untouched and new, and I am not easy on my trucks

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try the Mickey T Baja Claw TTC's like me. They look mean as ****, wear really well, pull through ANYTHING ( A z71 with a 4 inch lift and 37 nittos couldn't follow me with my 2 inch level..) and have a really nice hum (not nearly as high pitched as mud grapplers, which suck). I've put 10k on mine and they still look fairly new. If you want something that doesn't wear as fast as a Super Swamper but will take you through basically whatever, this is your tire.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r579/Rammer94/IMAG0042.jpg
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r579/Rammer94/2011-09-05_14-26-06_807.jpg

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hmm i like both of those. If they last I might jump on them but I really like the nittos

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Here's a couple pics of my old truck wearing MTZs. They are only 33s but they are still AWESOME

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Kevin... You know me way to well but the thing is they have to last 50k or more and with the soft compound of the mud grapplers I just can't afford theme.i ran a set on my truck for a week and love them but had to give them back to a buddie bc I was just testing them/: I've also tested out a set of km2s. I liked them but wasn't blown away. So idk what ima do.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Haha...that's cool you at least got to try them out. You won't find another tire louder other than maybe an Interco tire. Good luck getting 50k out of any mud terrain, although the mud grapplers probably have the worse rep at lasting a long time. Mine seem to be wearing extremely well so far so I should be able to get close to 35k on them. I don't think I've ever kept a set of tires anywhere close to that to give you any kind of numbers though.... I've switched trucks/tires WAY too much. LOL

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Dang those are pretty sick... Dang you, I almost had my kind made up.... Enid menie miney mo..... This was almost as hard as voting for totm

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha...that's cool you at least got to try them out. You won't find another tire louder other than maybe an Interco tire. Good luck getting 50k out of any mud terrain, although the mud grapplers probably have the worse rep at lasting a long time. Mine seem to be wearing extremely well so far so I should be able to get close to 35k on them. I don't think I've ever kept a set of tires anywhere close to that to give you any kind of numbers though.... I've switched trucks/tires WAY too much. LOL

Nothin like the sound of a Bogger ;)

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea my bud got 62k out of his km2 that why I am leaning towards them but I still want something other that them

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Nothin like the sound of a Bogger ;)

Yep, gotta love Super Swampers! Now that I'm used to a loud tire, I don't think I could go back. The farther away people can hear me coming the better. haha

Yea my bud got 62k out of his km2 that why I am leaning towards them but I still want something other that them

Wow, I would have never guessed it. Also if you buy a spare and rotate it in you can get quite a bit more out a set that way too.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yep, gotta love Super Swampers! Now that I'm used to a loud tire, I don't think I could go back. The farther away people can hear me coming the better. haha

Wow, I would have never guessed it. Also if you buy a spare and rotate it in you can get quite a bit more out a set that way too.

That's ver true but ima barely be able to afford 4 lol, and I agree with the loudness thus the cherry bomb extreme

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
ok guys i think ive made up my mind but im not going to tell you bc i want see some more views on tires.

so i have come across an issue though. my mom is all for it or just doesnt care about me getting the new tires but my dad is being really stubborn. i am doing my older brother a favor and selling him my tires for dirt cheap so he doesnt have to spend a lot since hes got a wedding coming up. but my dad sees this as just a a ploy for me to get something else for my truck that i really dont need. yes it is something for my truck that i prob dont need but i reality i do have occasions were 35s would have made me money taking people home. also since ill be buying these on credit trying to establish my credit, hes not sure about that either. idk if its him being stubborn as usual or if hes actually right but i thought i had made a pretty good point on why i was getting them and the fact that ima take a huge loss on pretty much giving my older bro my perfectly good bfg a/t that have atleast 30k more miles. just wanted your guys thoughts.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone ran some maxxis buckshot mudders? 240 a tire ain't bad for 305/70/17. I have read a ton of grey reviews on them.... Hmm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam