Detailing: How to Wax/Favorite Wax/Favorite Detailer

Favorite Wax Product/Favorie Detailer

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I use Liquid Glass on our vehicles. Goes on really easy, last an incredibly long time if you follow directions and let it bake in the sun after buffing it off, leaves the car less suseptible to dust, incredible shine which gets better the more coats you put on, and it super easy to take off.

Not listed but it gets my vote.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info - might give that stuff a shot!

johnnyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adams quick detailed is awesome. I buy by the gal. And Adams or nxt 2.0 wax. I also use all Adams cloths as I feel they are the best I've used. Especially the great white drying towel. No stock in them just like their products. Have about 400 bucks of it sittin in my garage.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I might need to try Adams for all I've heard about it.

I'll give the ICE a testimonial. Our lovely DOT just finished leaving a layer of tar/chip on the state highway outside our house. My truck and car and my wife's Rav4 all turned white with the dust until today following a nice long rainstorm everything looks clean and perfect again!

That ICE is unbelievably slick.

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like meguires. Need to try Fukken and ice one of these days ;). Btw, tutle is spelled wrong in the poll lol.

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Always been a Megs fan. The pro detailers are carrying it now so that must mean something. Used the black box on my wifes dark blue Fusion & a Dark green Explorer I was dumping. That stuff will hide a lot on a dark vehicle for sure. Tempted to use it on white to show what needs correcting.

JiB-z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Collinite 845 is best used if you want to wax your truck only two or three times a year. I always claybar with Meguires smooth surface and buff out any scratches with a little 3M rubbing compound (it also fixes those swirls from someone who doesn't know how to wash a vehicle). Then I apply Collinite 845 in straight lines then immediately wipe the heavy layer off within 30 seconds (about enough time to set the bottle down and pick up a microfiber towel), then let it come to a haze before buffing the rest off. Don't do more than one spot at a time because it can actually spot and the only way to remove the spots is to buff them out (counterproductive). The best way to accent it is to wash with Meguires ultimate wash and wax about a weak later and apply a second coat. My profile has a picture of mine that was waxed a month before that and just rinsed off with water to send a picture to HBS.

Ranger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had great success with meguires and turtle wax products I gave my brand new BLACK 2013 a quick wash today with mequires deep crystal wash, then used the turtle wax black detailer since I wash short for time and wow it did a great job I think im going to try the black box out like mentioned above.

What do you guys use to dry the truck? I always used one of those absorbers but im starting to think about trying one of those "microfiber drying towels" since the absorber streaks alot.... I use a microfiber sponge for wash and microfiber cloths for wax so think i might need to go all microfiber I also thought about trying one of those squeegees specially made for drying not the window squeegees lol but thought id see what some others use here

Ranger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
btw for the black plastic on the truck i always used meguires back to black... that stuff rocks!

jakeSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 4WD Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use mostly all Zaino Bros. products..funny how years ago when I bought my Camaro it was highly touted and on this site years later it is not even mentioned. I have heard alot of good things about Adams...may have to try that sometime. I love how my Zaino is so durable and I just tried Zaion's sealer on my Ram so we will see how it holds up. Anyone on here try Black Diamond?

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What kind ice did you use? Spray on, paste, or squirt bottle?

TeamJackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you haven't used Chemical Guys synthetic quick detailer you are missing out. No streaks at all

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
Love the chemical guys products. That V07 is some good stuff for sure.

Yep - that stuff is crazy good. I use it on my Harley, on my folding tonneau and even on the windows.:rockit:

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The detail fairy delivered me some menzerna sf4500 (formerly p085rd), poorboys white diamond glaze and optimum tire shine to replenish my stock. All excellent products, the menzerna is the best finish polish I've ever used and I've tried a ton.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Remember guys, supporting the forum vendors helps support the forum we all love!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...