Updates!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TORam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was over on the other site, and saw a post regarding Updates. There is a flash which is supposed to enhance our gas mileage. And an update for the radios as well.

RA3__RA4_Customer_Software_Upgrade_Instructions_3-13-13.pdf

Tried to post link, but I have no idea how to do it here.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
There is an "other site?" Since you are under warranty just go into the dealer they will take care of it.

OP
OP
TORam

TORam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There is an "other site?" Since you are under warranty just go into the dealer they will take care of it.
You can do the radio update yourself. It's from Chrysler. The flash is through the dealership for sure.

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where did you see this?
For which vehicles?

RamSport13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8.4A/8.4AN Update

I went into my dealership today to see if they have any kind of an update on when my radio can get fixed after the latest Uconnect update. I talked to their tech and he said after I brought my truck in last week, they are starting to see more and more come in daily with the same problem.

He also informed me that Chrysler, Uconnect and Harman Kardon are working on a solution to the firmware problem. Originally Chrysler and Uconnect told me that the dealership could just roll back the firmware, but this isn't possible.

The firmware update can cause a few other problems within the vehicle, which for some reason are random. As many have posted on here, a dead battery due to the radio constantly trying to connect to the internet, even when the truck is shut down. I actually had my dash lights and EVIC screen stay on even though the truck was off and locked.

The Tech working on my vehicle found that unplugging the battery for 10 mins, normally will cure the little problems with the truck, but doesn't affect the radio. I actually notice that mine started running better after he did this.

The dealership tech hopefully is going to find out more about the fix for this situation within the next week. Whether it be a new firmware version or replacement of the head unit.

Besides working with my dealership on the problems I see with my truck, I also make sure that Chrysler knows about them too by sending them a quick message with my problem or concern. At this weblink:

chrysler - Contact Us

When I find out more, I will let everyone know.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do not update the radio software! Stay away from it.

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
WOW! Keep us informed, please.