Pioneer AVIC-X9310BT in my 2013 RAM 1500 Express (Photos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finished up my head unit install this weekend. Super easy with the new Metra Kit.
  • Pioneer AVIC-X9310BT (Upgraded to AVIC-X940BT w/ Bypass)
  • Metra 95-6518B Double DIN Dash Kit
  • Metra XSVI-6523-NAV Wiring Harness
  • Metra 40-EU55 Antenna Adapter
Here are some quick pics I took with my phone.

Installed:
WP_20130720_004.jpg

Custom start-up screen image:
WP_20130720_005.jpg

Custom illumination color matches the OEM backlighting:
WP_20130720_012.jpg

Speaker upgrades are next . . .

OP
OP
superlubricity
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man that is sweet how much was the kit and harness

Stuff for the '13 is still a bit hard to come by. I was able to get the parts from a contact I have in the biz.

Very nice bro! Congrats on the upgrade. :waytogo:

Thanks! Super-happy with the system. Bluetooth hands-free and Navigation are working flawlessly!

BTW, I have an extra Metra Dash Kit for the '13 if anyone is interested.

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
Damn your making me want to get the express now and save thousands on the sport and just put katskin leather seats and a navi like this hmmm. Thanks for sharing man.

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Do pioneer double dins work well with android phones?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
superlubricity
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn your making me want to get the express now and save thousands on the sport and just put katskin leather seats and a navi like this hmmm. Thanks for sharing man.

I actually ordered two-tone Clazzio seat covers a couple weeks ago. :secret:

andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you have the usb and 3.5 aux inputs in the center concole, and if so, did you lose the use of them with the new head unit? and as far as the antenna adapter and axxess wiring adapter, you didn't have to purchase any other wiring harnesses or adapter to for the new HU to your truck? i imagine the axxess adapter works the same as the canbus ones that most have to use on their 09-2012 trucks? i apologize for all the questions, i just want to make sure i order everything correctly the first time around so im not waiting on parts. i have a 2013 express as well, with the bare minimum head unit/speakers, so this info you've posted has helped out a ton. thanks.

STOUTE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009/2003
Engine
5.7/4.7
Did mine with a Kenwood nav a few weeks ago with a fox box

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was wondering some of the same questions as Andrew. Can the center consule inputs be wired in somehow? If I had to guess I would think you could somehow. Splicing maybe?

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I'm going to tackle the USB input this weekend the factory USB to stereo connection is a mini USB so if I can find a mini USB to regular USB adapter I think it should work

Reactions: PX8

jfelicia64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the factory back up camera still work with after market head units?

OP
OP
superlubricity
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you have the usb and 3.5 aux inputs in the center concole, and if so, did you lose the use of them with the new head unit? and as far as the antenna adapter and axxess wiring adapter, you didn't have to purchase any other wiring harnesses or adapter to for the new HU to your truck? i imagine the axxess adapter works the same as the canbus ones that most have to use on their 09-2012 trucks? i apologize for all the questions, i just want to make sure i order everything correctly the first time around so im not waiting on parts. i have a 2013 express as well, with the bare minimum head unit/speakers, so this info you've posted has helped out a ton. thanks.

No other harness was required for my install.

I was wondering some of the same questions as Andrew. Can the center consule inputs be wired in somehow? If I had to guess I would think you could somehow. Splicing maybe?

I'm going to tackle the USB input this weekend the factory USB to stereo connection is a mini USB so if I can find a mini USB to regular USB adapter I think it should work

I was not able to get the USB in the center console to work with the Pioneer head unit. I tried using an adapter (see below) to connect the factory plug to the Pioneer USB cable but had no luck. Plugging a USB flash drive directly into the Pioneer cable works fine. I just routed the Pioneer cable into the glove box.

usb.jpg

adapter.jpg

OP
OP
superlubricity
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed this head unit in a 2nd '13 RAM Express today. I actually traded in my Quad Cab for a Crew Cab. The CC came equipped with the Uconnect 5.0.

One issue with the 5.0 is the System Settings for the truck are controlled by the Radio/Head Unit, not in the EVIC. So I set everything (Lighting, Door Locks, etc.) the way I wanted them and swapped everything out. Everything works perfectly but I have no option to adjust those settings on my own now that the Pioneer is installed. :whymewhyme:

Another note: You will lose the Factory Clock that displays in the EVIC. That is also maintained by the factory Head Unit. This is the case with Uconnect 3.0 and/or 5.0.

More pics:

c.jpg

1.jpg

b.jpg

Campb402

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stuff for the '13 is still a bit hard to come by. I was able to get the parts from a contact I have in the biz.

Thanks! Super-happy with the system. Bluetooth hands-free and Navigation are working flawlessly!

BTW, I have an extra Metra Dash Kit for the '13 if anyone is interested.

I see you did a install on another truck, but was wondering if you still have that extra metra dash kit I'm very interested. If so let me know.
I've never posted here, but if you are a member on ramforumz pm me there same user name campb402 thanks man.

OP
OP
superlubricity
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see you did a install on another truck, but was wondering if you still have that extra metra dash kit I'm very interested. If so let me know.
I've never posted here, but if you are a member on ramforumz pm me there same user name campb402 thanks man.

Sorry, the extra kit is long gone.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, these installs are looking pretty damned good!
If I get much more displeased with the Uconnect 3.0 rubbish that I have, I just might have to do this.

It has a mind of its own, and makes bad decisions, like returning to factory defaults at random. Not so sure about it. I also like Sirrius > XM, which would be a nice thing to get back to. And not having factory crossed over crap, and having pre-amp outs...

Yea, ok. I certainly want to do this.