Help! Best cab cover (cooler) for just the cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmaru77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wifey is buying me a present and I need a cab cover for my Ram 1500 4x4 2012 quad. The one that just covers the cab top and windows. Which one fits properly. I have the 5'7" bed and the full size doors in the back. Quad?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Wifey is buying me a present and I need a cab cover for my Ram 1500 4x4 2012 quad. The one that just covers the cab top and windows. Which one fits properly. I have the 5'7" bed and the full size doors in the back. Quad?

Crew cab if it has full sized rear doors. Not quad.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting idea, just to keep it cooler when you park it?
I don't think I've seen this for anything more than a Jeep.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I think I'd just tint the windows. I believe it's 3m that has a new tint that blocks significantly more heat than standard window film. It's also available in various shades ranging from dark to almost completely transparent (which could be used on the entire windshield).

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny you mention that Wandell, I just had my entire truck done with Ceramic tint (rated at up to 50% heat rejection) I got 30% on my front 2 windows, and 80% on the windshield and over the back 2 windows and rear window.

Talk about a difference! Holy Crap! I love the stuff! I don't have to have the AC blasting on "3" Max AC for the first hour of a drive anymore!

OP
OP
P

pmaru77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Errrrrr. Let me explain. I park my truck outside the house and in the driveway. Often I do not use the truck for days and sometimes only twice a month. It is a traveler vehicle and a hauler from HDepot and others. So it sees little action at times. It just sits there baking,and if I use it, it's hot as snot or even hotter. So aside from having a full cover which is a pita, a cab cover seems logical. They do make them, but was wondering if anyone has experienced the fit. Seems practical to me, more practical that spending 2K on glam wheels.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I just had my front widows tinted to match the rear and bought a custom fit sunshade for the windshield, makes a heck of a difference on the temps inside the cab. I'd bet it stays 20* cooler in there now.