What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
like the title says. post what you did to your ram. pictures are always welcome.

i jacked up my 93 so that i could fit me and the sandblaster where the gas tank was. i did a fair bit of sandblasting and painting to the rusty metal that will be hidden by the gas tank when i put everything back together.
20131002_173442.jpg

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hmmm, the thread title is very reminiscent of another time. ;)

Put new shocks and fuel filter in Monday:
100_5420_zps64881056.jpg

100_5421_zps4c52a0d8.jpg

100_5422_zps4f5418ff.jpg

100_5423_zps7d69f626.jpg

That was an all day affair.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
from the good times.

what made it an all day affair? whats with the BFH?

The left front. It was seized bad and I screwed up the flat on the shank where you're supposed to grab it.

The BFH was for the shocks, 37 year old shacks don't come out easy. :Pshyco:

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
and here i was thinking rust was not such an issue down south. i find a sandblaster saves me lots of time when dealing with rust or corroded parts that do not want to move. blast it and hit it with penetrating oil and stuff usually always comes apart. you should see some of the extremely rusty bolts that i have got the nuts off of.

i spent $134 on gas today but only $74 of was put in my truck. the rest was put into my dads ford. finished sandblasting and painting around where the gas tank sits on my 93. hopefully it lasts. the new fuel pump show up today so hopefully i get everything bolted back together tomorrow or else i might be driving my 81 to work on Saturday. just have to make new gas tank straps and j-bolts. i am hoping my bbq can get the carriage bolts red hot so that i can bend them into j-bolts.

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
been fighting with the ramcharger big time today. had got it running and it sounded pretty good up until i discovered the return line was disconnected and ******* gas onto the ground. fixed that and then i couldn't get it to start. seem to not be getting any fuel pressure to the fuel rail. don't know why yet but i have spent way too much time working on it today. got to be at work in 6.5 hours so i won't be getting much sleep tonight.

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
haven't even had a chance to look at it. spent Saturday and Sunday working and earning money to pay for the crap i need to buy plus it has been raining out. i don't know if i will be able to do much work on it till Tuesday because it suppose to rain all day today. i do know i got to drop the tank 1 more time because i was rushing things and forgot to install a clip.
i also was so tired the other day that i forgot to post pictures of the new gas tank straps compared to the old ones.
20131004_155332.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
was doing some more fighting with my ramcharger today. put some more gas in the tank and managed to get it to fire up but now i got a fuel leak in the frame rail beside the gas tank.

also started parting out my 91. started with filler neck and bench seat for my 93 and grabbed the heater box for my 81.

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
yesterday i got the ramcharger put back together enough to fire it up and drive it. put $50 worth of premium gas in it that i got for free. i also picked up the seat from my 91 that i dropped off at my sisters place to be cleaned. looked a lot better than it did when i dropped it off. apparently the water coming out of it was black.

today i checked fuel pressure again. been having issues with it taking a long time to start. every time i shut the thing down fuel pressure seem to just drop instantly and i don't have any obvious leaks. i think i know where the issue is but requires me dropping the tank 1 more time. i think i will be a pro at this if it keeps going like this.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
And what is the actual part that's broken?

Did some fartin' around with the 76 today. Trying to figure out where there is a miss on the left cylinder bank.

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i don't think there is any broken parts. just a bad o ring. have started to consider installing an external fuel line check valve if i am wrong.

tprice9427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let mine set in the rain. It been raining for the past 3 days. :). I got a chrome gas cover and chrome tail gate handle to install when it stop raining. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
2013/Big Horn/SLT/V8/Hemi/5.7
Brake controller/hard trifold bed cover/ pin stripped/chrome mirror and window pillars

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Went and bought a transmission return spring. Trying to make it behave now.

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
installed a license plate light on my ramcharger and it looks pretty good. just have to order the proper bulbfor it now.
20131013_201325.jpg

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
yesterday i put some gas in my ramcharger and did some rainy day burnouts and puddle hopping. having a LSD on a wet day is so much fun when your engine puts out enough power to get the back end sliding sideways at 50km/h when you floor it.

today i drove my 81 up to the grocery store after i lent my sister the ramcharger.

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
did some more rainy day burnouts in my ramcharger today. i really wouldn't mind finding a place where i could see what the beast will do. i had the tires spinning all the way through the intersection and about 1/4 of the way down the block before i had to let off because of on coming traffic but i think it could have kept going. i know the other day the ramcharger almost scared me a bit when i was on the highway. pedal to the floor as the ramcharger shift from 2nd to 3rd i could feel the LSD lock up like it does before the back end starts fishtailing. i was only doing 70km/h but i end up having to let off the gas because the last thing i need to do is spin the tires at highway speeds.

OP
OP
crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
lol. i have wanted to get new tires for it but may not be able to afford them till next year. there is lots of tread left on the tires that are on it. they are just too aggressive for the driving i do lots of.