Kore / Adjustable Bilstein help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my buddy (a GM tech)and I installed a lift/level kit today.
Consisted of:
- kore high angle cvs
- Michigan metal works UCAs
- kore 3.5" adjustable bilsteins @ 3.5"
- icon vehicle dynamics 2.0 rear struts
- icon vehicle dynamics 1.5" rear coils

Dimensions before were; rear fender @ 39", front fender @ 36"
Dimensions after were; rear fender @ 40.5"' front fender @ 41.5"
Was hoping to have the front close to 39.5".

Everything went smoothly minus the usual 'stuck' items that required some additional 'help'.

I don't know why I got 5" of lift from these adjustable struts. We put them in the highest setting, which was only supposed to be 3.5".

Only thing I can think of would be that put the Bilstein spring seat on upside down, but it seemed to only fit the one way.
OR
We reused the stock spring seat, on top of the Bilstein one. Bilstein spring seat seemed to just be a part to connect the Bilstein retainer ring to the stock seat.

Any ides? Don't know what to try with that.
Thanks in advance.

Install is similar to how regular Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks are, just with a higher setting, so looking for guys that have installed those to respond as well...please!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
S

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should've mentioned its a 2011 1500 sport.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes pictures will help figure it out. Did you get an alignment yet? The front will drop some after an alignment but its pretty crazy you're 5" higher when its suppose to be 3.5" or less

OP
OP
S

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8a9adaqa.jpg

This is the "spacer" which slides over the body of the strut and butts up against the snap ring.

No alignment yet, didn't see a point since its off by so much.

OP
OP
S

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No pics yet, and I don't have the truck, it's at the shop still.

When you use the 5100 adjustable shocks, are you supposed to put the stock strut mount (slides over the strut) directly on the snap ring?

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That pic you posted. That piece should be placed over the strut with the fatter end down and it so it slides over the snap ring. I think its slightly tapered so the weight of it helps secure the snap ring in the groove as well.Only reason iI point that out because you seemed questionable and said it "butts" up against it" as opposed to slides over. That would definitely add the questionable height you have!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yah, I found some more detailed instructions (didn't have any when we did it), and now I'm pretty sure that's where we messed up. Think all we have to do is flip it.

I just hope that it didn't mess up the strut/ring or both.... keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
S

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, we had one installed right side up and the other upside down... Switched the one which was upside down and reinstalled.

Measured the strut assembly and was still the same length (5" of lift). Lowered the ring to stock setting and was still getting 2.5" of lift.... Wtf?

So, I'm at a loss. Going to bump it 2 settings up so it's close to level....

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Bunch of guys on Dodgetalk said there kits were closer to 5 inchs once installed.

Remember, the 5100s in the kit are not the same 5100s everyone else is installing for leveling kit. Theses are specific to kore.

OP
OP
S

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that's good I guess... Lol. At least I'm not the only one.

Well in that respect, the Kore CVs are limited to a certain height as well. When I had them installed on the highest setting, I did get the same vibration around 20-30km/hr (?? Mph) as some guys got with regular bilsteins set at 2.8".

Thanks for the info rock$tar, never read that on "the talk".

Should have it pretty much leveled and aligned by tomorrow, pics to come.