Reporting a Post/Thread: When and How

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Now when I first joined up here, I had no idea how to report a post, or even that it was an option.

So just in case there's a a few members out there that don't know how or when to report a post or thread that is either spam or out of line, here's a guide.

When do you report a post/thread?

If you feel like a post or thread contains either spam(random BS content scamming members, or just nonsense altogether) or contains blatant personal attacks against other members, instagating/hateful comments toward members, or anything that violated forum rules... then report the post or thread.

What does reporting a post/thread do?

Reporting a post/thread notifies forum supervision (moderators/admins) of content violating forum policies, that they might not have seen yet. Remember, this is a pretty big place, with thousands of members and 10's of thousands of threads, in almost 40 different sections, and keeping up with everything that goes on isn't easy or instantaneous... so we appreciate all the help we can get.

How do you report a post/thread?

Example:

Let's say I make a thread asking "How do you reset your oil change message?"

And some random douche-nozzle, decides to be less than helpful, and replies back "I've heard it helps if you lick my ********"...

ob5i.png

This would be a perfect instance, to report the post made by said member, and let forum supervision know what's going on, and who's out of line so they can take the appropriate action.

Simply click on the report post button shown below:

uh94.png

Fill out the the message box with a description of what's going on, then click the submit report button:

pauh.png

At this point, the reported post is sent to the moderator/admin's to let them know what is going on.

v2iz.png

Pretty simple, very helpful, and it will save your thread from going to hell if some random members decide to **** on you're post/thread, idea, or attack you on a personal basis.

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

:mexsmoke:

Last edited:

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Good info--let's hope the buzz kill crowd doesn't abuse it like the PC crowd tries to shout down ideas they disagree with.

A little disagreement or witty back and forth is fun. Personnal attacks, well that goes too far.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
^^ This will happen from time to time. I was a SM on another ram forum and you got lots of whiners, but that's why they're reviewed by the mods.

And Steve, I have heard that licking a butt hole from time to time can help with your lube messages... just sayin'.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was gonna be the smart *ss and report this post. :happy175:

Really though, some people just need to learn to walk away and breath. :)

Wicklundwf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Logging in more than once

I have to log in to reply to a post then Im redirected to log in again to post what I'm replying to. Why do I have to log in twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.