Group Buy: 1 3/4" Stainless Works Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You asked for it, we made it happen! We have been in contact with Stainless Works and have been authorized to offer a limited production run of 1 3/4" primary Stainless Works headers. Whether or not the 1 3/4" version will go into full production is still up for discussion.

Also, as part of the group buy, we will offer Stainless Works cat-back systems in any configuration as part of a group-buy package deal at deeply discounted prices.

All Stainless Works headers are the height of quality and craftsmanship with unmatched fit and finish.

• 304L Stainless Steel USA Sourced
• Fully tig-welded & CNC mandrel bends
• Lifetime guarantee on materials and workmanship
• Optional Factory connect or performance connect
• Includes all necessary hardware for installation

We fully believe the Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers are a worthwhile upgrade for anything from stock to radically built Hemi engines. However, we understand that many Ram owners prefer the 1 3/4" design for stock to mildly built Hemi 5.7 engines. We will also include the 1 7/8" headers in this group buy if our minimum order for the 1 3/4" is met.

This is an opportunity to purchase premium Stainless Works Ram headers and cat-back exhaust systems at prices lower than what we would normally be able to offer.

If you are seriously interested in participating in this group buy, post here and also send us a PM to express your interest. Most pricing details and custom deals will be discussed via PM until we have enough interest to pull this off.

We are required to have a minimum of 10 1 3/4" Ram headers on deposit before they will go into production. Timeline for production to final delivery will depend on how quickly we are able to meet the group buy minimum.

Note: The Stainless Works headers will fit all models of 09-14 Ram 1500 5.7L. Stainless Works cat-back systems are designed to fit the Quad/Crew cab trucks only.

The headers can be ordered in a factory connect configuration to stock Ram exhaust on all models or Performance connect to Stainless Works cat-back on Quad/Crew models.

Catted Y or Off-Road Pipe connection available in any configuration. Discounts also apply to header coating options!

Initial pricing before group-buy discount will be the same as the Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers.

Visit the Stainless Works site to configure your system's options, and view current retail pricing. Discounts will be calculated from retail advertised price depending on the level of interest.
SW Product Info: Dodge RAM

Thank you and feel free to ask any questions!!

Last edited:

tazerr222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AHHH!!! I havnt even gotten my SW exhaust on yet because its a xmas gift from the girlfriend and now this! lol

Whats the main advantage of 1 3/4 over the 1 7/8 ? More Power?

Thanks Pete

USNVet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am very interested in the group buy, thanks for pointing this out Tazerr222.

I am interested in the 1 7/8" primaries with cats and performance connection (15903226) and the exhaust system with the performance connection and turbo-S tube mufflers (15903718).

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AHHH!!! I havnt even gotten my SW exhaust on yet because its a xmas gift from the girlfriend and now this! lol

Whats the main advantage of 1 3/4 over the 1 7/8 ? More Power?

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete, I had a feeling I would see you here :roflbow:.

Here is the deal. Speaking in general terms, the smaller diameter primary tubing will increase exhaust gas velocity better at low RPMs, which promotes more efficient scavenging, and can potentially increase low end torque better than a larger diameter primary tube. Torque is the rotational force that gets your Ram off its ass and moving from a stop light.

However, depending on where your peak power occurs in the RPM range, you could see less of a peak horsepower increase with the smaller diameter primaries than you would with the larger diameter primaries. This is because the smaller diameter tubing may act as a relative restriction at higher RPMs. If you're at the drag strip or on the dyno, you might appreciate the higher peak HP #'s.

That being said, these are trucks and they are far more versatile than a car in how the owner's use them. Many owners tow/haul with their Rams, and stay in relatively low RPM ranges on a daily driving basis. These types of owners would probably appreciate the relative increase in torque offered with the smaller diameter primaries.

When supporting mods start coming into the picture, engine internals, forced induction, etc. Now you're asking your engine to move more air and will need a properly sized header and exhaust system to gain the full benefit of your investment. This is where the 1 7/8" primary headers come into the discussion.

Now, this isn't to say you wouldn't be perfectly happy with the 1 7/8" headers, because you WILL see an increase in torque and horsepower with them. My feeling is that Rams with 1 3/4" primary headers have spent more time on the dyno and the average forum member is more comfortable with the potential gains and outcomes that have been reported by other members.

If you plan on leaving your HEMI stock to mildly built, you will be happy with either diameter primary, honestly. Guaranteed. If you plan on upgrading engine internals or adding other performance mods, the 1 7/8" primaries will be good now and they will be good forever. If you want top end excitement, take a look at the 1 7/8". If you want to get around down just want to know you're maximizing low end torque, take a look at the 1 3/4".

The SW 1 7/8" HEMI headers in the Charger and Challenger scene have been wildly popular, and have dyno'd with tremendous gains. But, those are cars. Cars with often manual transmissions where the owners might find themselves in higher RPM ranges. Cars that don't need as much umph at the low end, and they want to scream from red line to red line.

This group buy is merely an opportunity for RamForum members to get exactly what they have been asking for at the lowest price possible. We will still continue to address and evaluate the needs of our customers to find the best possible setup on a case by case basis. It's great to know that Stainless Works has taken such an interest in the community and is willing to offer options for the members!!

Last edited:

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Sw longtubes

I'm interested, sending pm.

tazerr222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am very interested in the group buy, thanks for pointing this out Tazerr222.

I am interested in the 1 7/8" primaries with cats and performance connection (15903226) and the exhaust system with the performance connection and turbo-S tube mufflers (15903718).

Hey no prob bro! I got the S Tube mufflers as well! I want loud and as GotExhaust.com put it when I ordered them "wake the dead loud" he had me sold! lol

GotExhaust.com - (Andy if I may) - thank you for that explanation, very helpful. Looks as if I will be staying with 1 7/8 primaries when I order.

Also you have to keep me up to date on when that programmer comes out that you were telling me about!

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
i am interested in the catback with factory connect and S-tube mufflers.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK guys, all PMs replied. It seems like we have some good interest here. What I would like to do is start making a list and possibly collecting small refundable deposits for those who are seriously interested. If we can get to 5 I can at least get the wheels in motion.

If you have already PMd me, thank you. I will be following up to gauge serious buyers and make a group buy list in this thread.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump for the night crew. Send us a PM for details.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All PMs returned. We have some good interest here so this could happen sooner than I thought. PM for details.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I've read a lot about having to have the DS and a custom tune from Hemifever to shut off the rear O2 sensor?
I can't do that with my BD... So that limits me to shorties????

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've read a lot about having to have the DS and a custom tune from Hemifever to shut off the rear O2 sensor?
I can't do that with my BD... So that limits me to shorties????

All O2 sensor ports are present and high flow catalytic converters are an available option. You do not need to disable any part of your emissions system to run these headers with cats. If you run an off-road Y then you may need to disable the rear O2 sensors to avoid throwing codes.

Last edited:

USNVet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you going to start the list in this thread? Showing the interest may push some people on the edge over.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you going to start the list in this thread? Showing the interest may push some people on the edge over.

I have exchanged quite a few PMs and I would like to start the list.

If you have PMd me (or not) and you are ready to leave a refundable $100 deposit, post here and I will add you to the list. Serious interest only, please. Full payment will be required before the production run.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PMs will go out Monday to everyone I've talked to. We will have a list together by then. :).

jakeSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 4WD Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are there any dyno numbers from Stainless or anyone who has already installed them? And any runs for most of us "near stock" guys to see the difference in HP and TQ between the 2 different size primaries?

Lastly, sorry for the dumb question...but on the coatings does the Polish finish just mean they shined up the piping and no heat benefits? and thermal coating would be similar to a jet hot type coating?

And lastly, anyone out there done longtube headers without Cats? I only have experience with catted longtubes on my Camaro. Mostly wondering what's the difference in sound and smell.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Geeze I want these headers so bad with the whole performance set up and dual exhaust, but it's the wrong time of the year. I are broke from Xmas... :(