transmission cooler line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
So guys, i picked up a 2001 Ram 1500 with the 5.9 the other day, and first thing i noticed is it has a brand new radiator, but only the external transmission cooler is hooked up. So i went to the dealer and bought the trans cooler hose, and the quick disconnect coupler...

Hose P/n : 4883317ab
connector P/n : 52028625AC

i slipped the connector onto the hose, and now it won't come off.

my question is, does this get crimped like the other side of the hose, or not?

The dealer couldn't answer me, because they had never seen this before. But yet i bought it from them, oem mopar parts.

Thanks

cooler_zps074a4a6d.jpg

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
No it does not get crimped like the other end, once its on you need a disconnect tool to remove it from the line.

thanks, already have the disconnect tool. next question, the fitting is missing the 'spring' clip thingy that goes inside it. any idea where to get that?

thanks for being the only one to respond to my previous question :party36:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Sorry I am lost a bit on this one, if you have an old one post up a pix if you can.

luigi38

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys,
New here, I just picked up a 99 1500 5.9, and trans fuild is leaking from the passenger front, which seems to be the lines from the trans to the trans cooler or rad.
What tool did you get the disconnect the lines? Did you rent it?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
thanks, already have the disconnect tool. next question, the fitting is missing the 'spring' clip thingy that goes inside it. any idea where to get that?

thanks for being the only one to respond to my previous question :party36:

Maybe a picture will help, there really isn't a lot in those connectors.

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
i found a clip. i had to buy a complete other connector and steal the clip from it lol. its the 4 prong clip inside the connector that mates with the ridge on the 3/8" transmission line

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Hes referring to the retainer clip. However I would advise not hooking that cooler line up. What probably happened was the truck suffered a catastrophic transmission failure and debris got all inside the cooling system. So the stock cooler was bypassed and am external cooler hooked up in its place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
At least flush it out first.

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Hes referring to the retainer clip. However I would advise not hooking that cooler line up. What probably happened was the truck suffered a catastrophic transmission failure and debris got all inside the cooling system. So the stock cooler was bypassed and am external cooler hooked up in its place.

not really.

when i bought the truck, the radiator was leaking coolant so the dealer put a new radiator in for free. The radiator cooler was never hooked up before, ONLY the factory external cooler. so maybe the same thing happened, but only with the radiator cooler instead.

OP
OP
LaurenMagnum360

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8

-__- i'm not a boy.....

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Lol sorry then. I guess your screenname should have given that away. Well if its a new rad then cool. I had a buddy that hooked up his and it was full of metal and toated the transmission less than 100 miles later.