2000 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdoyle92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hey guys I need help. I bought a 2000 Dodge ram 2500 Cummins back in October. Everything has been running great with the truck until a week ago. As I was driving home the truck stopped running. I took it into a mechanic. He told me the fuel injector pump had gone bad. Now my problem is he had told me that with this model truck and year I could only use a stock pump and had to order it from Dodge only. Anyway he could be wrong? If so where can I find another for cheaper and possibly an upgraded model? Would I be able to change it myself as well?

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
If you can get me the engine serial number I can get you a part number and price from cummins directly. I'm not sure if its printed right on top of the engine or if ram removed that but you may be able to get it from the vin somehow.

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
It may not be a part cummins built though. At least on the newer 6.7's ram basically buys a long block from us and does the rest themselves.

OP
OP
C

cdoyle92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
All I can get right now is the VIN number, and that would be, 3b7kf2364yg106297

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Doesn't do anything for me in our program quickserve... Then again I may be able to cross it to ESN tomorrow. I'll let you know. My parts guys are better at this than me.

OP
OP
C

cdoyle92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Thank you, I don't have the truck with me. I had gone home to visit and had to leave it there. Im in the military and didn't really have a place to store a non-op vehicle on base.

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
No problem, thanks for your service.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
its not a cummins part, its a bosch part. you can get them pumps just about anywhere. you most likely wont find a new one, it will be a reman unit. theres only like 2 or 3 places in the county capable of remaning these pumps so no matter where you buy from, quality wise its going to be pretty much the same. only factor with where to buy the pump is what kind of warranty the vendor is giving you. fyi, its going to be at least $1,000 for the pump itself.

dieselautopower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Diesel
Pump is available multiple places for under $1000. This includes shipping and return shipping. Standard output pump will support 600-650HP with the right injectors.