Vent Shade Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Hey guys I actually have a problem that I need some advice on. As most of yall know I have a standard cab 1500. Well here is what is wrong. I bought some ventvisor shades when I bought the truck and installed them as per instructions. Within the last few months though the double sided tape that holds them on has been failing. The passenger side is far worse than the driver side in coming off. How have yall fixed this problem without replacing the whole ventvisor??? I have a couple ideas but before I spend any money I would like to hear what yall did. Thanks all.

:Frustrated:

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm no one chiming in here??? Well I was thinking upon reinstalling them with some new 3m tape, then using some black silicon, sealing the top edge of the visor where the tape is exposed. Common guys this is bugging me now.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Sorry, got nothing on this one, I had the in channel visors on my 07 that were probably as old as the truck itself. Still held great, I accidentally busted on shade and AVS sent me an entire new package for free even though I was not the original owner.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, got nothing on this one, I had the in channel visors on my 07 that were probably as old as the truck itself. Still held great, I accidentally busted on shade and AVS sent me an entire new package for free even though I was not the original owner.

Cool. I was thinking upon just replacing the ones I have with the inchannel ones, but not sure if I can get all the old tape off the door. I installed them only a few days after I received the truck new (it was a special order because I wanted the stick and a V8. Damn Dodge stopped offering the Hemi with the stick in 07 so when I ordered it I had to get a 4.7 which ended up scattering a few weeks after I got the truck and thankfully it was warranteed and I got a pull-out V10 installed).

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I think the inchannel ones are great and had no issues with them at all, just make sure you get them up far enough so they are snug and leave the windows left up. I want to say for 24 hours so it sticks.

I bet that SRT 10 motor is a beast with stick, even in these rolling bricks. lol

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the inchannel ones are great and had no issues with them at all, just make sure you get them up far enough so they are snug and leave the windows left up. I want to say for 24 hours so it sticks.

I bet that SRT 10 motor is a beast with stick, even in these rolling bricks. lol

Only major problem I have with the V10 and a standard cab is the puppy like tail wagging I get when I stomp it too hard. Oh and the massive amounts of tire left on the road while the rear tries to get traction. At highway speeds though I can drop 3 gears from 6th to 3rd at 70mph and leave most everything wondering just what happened.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Only major problem I have with the V10 and a standard cab is the puppy like tail wagging I get when I stomp it too hard. Oh and the massive amounts of tire left on the road while the rear tries to get traction. At highway speeds though I can drop 3 gears from 6th to 3rd at 70mph and leave most everything wondering just what happened.

That just made me actually laugh.

I can definitely see the puppy tail wagging being a huge problem with that much power hitting the wheels.

Two things though, what's the fastest you've ever gone and was it scary as hell in truck or just fun?
And, what kind of gas mileage do you still get with a stick?

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fastest I ever hit was 135 before I definitely got scared (felt like my truck was about to leave the ground), been getting 17 to 20 mpg highway if I keep my lead foot under control. Drops to 12 to 15 city though. Not great but it is decent. A true SRT10 gets 12-19 mpg so mine is in the same range as a truck that came from the factory with the SRT10 motor.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you need the "inner channel" ones let me know. I am a Diamond dealer for Weathertech and can order for any type of vehicle.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you need the "inner channel" ones let me know. I am a Diamond dealer for Weathertech and can order for any type of vehicle.

Cool I will contact you when the wife lets me have the card back. Spent a bit too much and she took it from me.

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
I have a pair of the in channel ones that i just took off my Rumblebee. They have been sitting in my garage for a couple weeks. You can have them, just pay for the shipping. You can see what they look like in my album.
Its a regular cab right?
Just pm me if your interested.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Cool I will contact you when the wife lets me have the card back. Spent a bit too much and she took it from me.

Ha ha! That's awesome. Now go to your room!

smarsmar101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AVS In channel over here too and i love them... like 40$ on ebay... mibe are a perfect fit. look factory.