What size drop hitch do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm just about to get a 6 inch RCX lift and 295/65R20 tires (so about 35.5") I'm going to be getting a camper so I need a new ball mount hitch. What drop would be about right? I seen one with a 5 and 1/4 drop, would that be sufficient?

The most I'll be pulling is around 6000lbs.

Thanks

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What trailer do you plan on pulling? Only one, or several? You need to know the lowest ball height you'll pull, and your final truck height.
If it were me if I didn't know, I would buy a drop hitch capable of a little more than I need, just in case. Those buggers are pricey so better a little extra, than two of'em.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have a drop hitch id sell you.. It's adjustable up to 6" drop, has all 3 ball sizes and 10k rated. I used it with my 6" lift and 35s and it worked great. I just got a bigger one because I'm adding more lift.. Let me know if you are interested. Either way, I would recommend about 6" of drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DohCanadian

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah those adjustable are nice but pricey. Didn't really want to drop over 150 on an adjustable.
Audio1der, probably two. A camper and a light ATV deck trailer.

Rwalk, yeah that would be good but I see your in the states so it'd probably be cheaper for me to just buy one here.

So I'll probably try find one with 6 inch drop or lower just to be safe.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Yeah those adjustable are nice but pricey. Didn't really want to drop over 150 on an adjustable.
Audio1der, probably two. A camper and a light ATV deck trailer.

Rwalk, yeah that would be good but I see your in the states so it'd probably be cheaper for me to just buy one here.

So I'll probably try find one with 6 inch drop or lower just to be safe.

My bad, didn't see that you were in Canada.. Should have been able to tell by your name

I found mine on etrailer, they have a pretty good selection, not sure how their shipping outside of the US is, but it was free for me!

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on the trailer. I used an 8" drop on my 3/4 ton for my motorcycle trailer.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Sent you a PM, don't want to take over this thread