Unusual/Weird/Expensive Cargo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as the title suggests, what are the oddest pieces of cargo you've had in the the bed of your Ram...
this question came to me this past Sunday when i found myself driving to play a gig with about $10k worth of drums, guitars, amps, cables, and other misc. musical equipment..
Iv also had a $6000 marimba, half a motorcyle, a dead dog and dead raccoon in a bag, a 60" old tv, and $150 worth of recylable platic in the bed..

what about you guys? hope to get some laughs here lol

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Most expensive, about $30k worth of Survey equipment

Most fun... does the wife count?

Oddest.... Wetwell samples (dont want to corner to fast with those in the back the mess /smell would take an act of god to clean up)

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Lots of junk literally. You know all that crap you never go through in the garage. Tree trimins and trash.
New computer desk washer and drier---beer.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother's entire bedroom
2011-01-06_13-37-56_522.jpg

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I know George is going to tell us about time he had a troop of midgets he was taking to a wrestling match. As for me, I think it was when I was taking my nieghbhors two headed, dog to the vet across town and stopped at Walmart. Yep, Sparky had broken his tail in the door just after chewing through the electrical cord to the ice maker. It's hard to tell but I think that's when he lost most of his teeth. He gets terrible motion sickness mostly because he none to steady having only three legs. Sparky just plan has a sweet tooth for power cords, but like most vices it has cost him dearly having lost considerable amount of his hair, sight in one eye, the lips on his good head don't come together anymore so he uses the one paw that the toes still move to kinda scoop his food around. He eats out of two bowls so he doesn't get pissed off with himself. He ain't much to look at, but he was cute when he was puppy. Always draws a crowd whenever we take him off the place.Usually the police and the Humane Society get involved. But hey Sparky is a keeper.

OP
OP
Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
great cargo stories...also sparky sounds like a great dog lol....in addition to the stuff i posted earlier, here are some pics of my Ram fully loaded

Attachments

• 0629081828.jpg
    0629081828.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 0809081311.jpg
    0809081311.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 106

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
I know George is going to tell us about time he had a troop of midgets he was taking to a wrestling match. As for me, I think it was when I was taking my nieghbhors two headed, dog to the vet across town and stopped at Walmart. Yep, Sparky had broken his tail in the door just after chewing through the electrical cord to the ice maker. It's hard to tell but I think that's when he lost most of his teeth. He gets terrible motion sickness mostly because he none to steady having only three legs. Sparky just plan has a sweet tooth for power cords, but like most vices it has cost him dearly having lost considerable amount of his hair, sight in one eye, the lips on his good head don't come together anymore so he uses the one paw that the toes still move to kinda scoop his food around. He eats out of two bowls so he doesn't get pissed off with himself. He ain't much to look at, but he was cute when he was puppy. Always draws a crowd whenever we take him off the place.Usually the police and the Humane Society get involved. But hey Sparky is a keeper.

:wtf2:

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
About 1200 worth of large prints (paintings) for dads new house combined with gardening equipment and a can of gas. All on the same load. The ladies working at the store were slightly confused when 2 redneck looking dudes (my dad and myself) walked into a place called the urban barn and walked out 20 minutes later with 6 paintings. Well then loaded them into my redneck truck in a parking lot full of Lexus' and BMW's. It was good.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
^^^^George is a nut. What about that one time you took those fire sticks for a ride. lol

For me junk. Literal Junk. Time for the story.

Ok so a guy that I worked with had a friend that was elderly and couldn't get around much and he owned several properties since the 50's. He had a radio studio, 3 Houses, A barn, And another radio studio/garage. All rangin in years from 1950 to 1970. He closed them all up when he was confined to a wheel chair. So my buddy told him that he wanted to live in one of the houses. Well you know the horders disease. Yea this older guy had it BADDDDD. All his locations were packed to the ceiling with junk. And he wanted the stuff from one house moved to the barn. Well can't get in the barn cause its full and falling down. So we had to load up the truck with watered down cardboard boxes old paint paint thinner electrical transformers. Yes the ones on high line poles. Radio transmitterparts. rotted wood. All kinds of junk. I might have some pics around somewhere. But it took us 6 mos just to get enough room to move the stuff from the house to the dump.

Most expensive for me would have to be my buddies at a truck show. You can't put a price on good friends.

Most fun would have to be the quad. Good times.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I have 500 pounds of rock salt in the back of mine right now.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Dirt bike, 4 wheeler or just random stuff but not alot makes it into the back of my truck.

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Ram/2013 Charger R/T Super Trak Pak
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
IMG_0247.jpg

About $10,000 worth of jars and supplies for the honey bidness.

DSCN1215.jpg

Oddest was this ****...

0801091856-00.jpg

I have yet to haul anything in my 2010 though. LOL

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The heaviest and probably the most expensive ( I didn't pay for it, its my parents) Is a pallet of wood floor stuff

n1194960102_30242491_520.jpg

n1194960102_30242494_1333.jpg

RAMpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
custom 5.7/6.1 hemi hybrid
Lets see here............ ive hauled the normal stuff like firewood, fruniture, rocks, all the kids junk just to go to the park lol, jus the regular stuff. the heaviest would have to be 3 yards of topsoil in the bed. thats right at 7k pounds and she was sittin low but did just fine till the sidewall decided to spring a leak. the weirdest would have to be a truckfull of college chicks and i do mean a truck full. pulled into the wafflehouse on uk's campus and got bombarded by a mass of chicks who just decided to jump into my truck without askin. i do beleive there was 6 in the cab and prolly about 6 more in the bed and they where plastered and lookin oh so good. it was all goin fine and dandy till one of the chicks in the back decided to stand up at a light and take a **** which resulted in me getting pulled over. i was not a very happy considering some chick pissed in the back of my truck and now i have 4 cop cars behind me in the middle of town. told the cops the story and they let me go with a warning and told me to take them all home and not to do anything they wouldnt do. fun times i guess lol. and whats this about a two headed dog lol are you for real? i wanna see pics