Detailing: Favorite Wheel/Tire Cleaner

Favorite Wheel/Tire Cleaner/Shine

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
shocking to see that more people done't use the adams vrt tire shine. Stuff is great

RamSport13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For cleaning of the tires I have always used Bleche White and for cleaning of the wheels and tire dressing I use all Meguiars products. They always give me the look I desire.

Attachments

• Tire Cleaners.jpg
    Tire Cleaners.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 200

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For tires I use the turtle wax black tire coat. It's the only thing I've found that is actually like a wax for your tires. It lasts at least a month. Even in the rain. I drive down a dusty gravel road to work every day. My tires usually get a weird brown substance around the sides. Since I started using this stuff, I just put it on and it lasts and you can spray your tires off when they get dirty and they go back to being shiny as they were the first day I did it. This stuff is pretty pricey for the amount, but in the long run its cheaper bc you use it A LOT less than other tire shines View attachment 7262

Just bought some...can't wait to try it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat...awesome stuff so far. Expensive and only good for 2 applications, but it lasts a lot longer than other products I have tried. Several days later with some rain and they still look that good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375586082585.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375586082585.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 145

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Today to clean the paint the @ssh0les at "Day 1 Paint and Body" left on my rims, I had to use 0000 steel wool pad with some dawn and water. Then I dried the rims off and used the 0000 steel wool pad again with some Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish. Then i used the Mothers ball for rims with Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish. Then I removed it with a micro fiber towel.

Oh ya and I removed the rims from the truck also so I could get the entire rim. Ill try and take some pic's tomorrow.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Chemical Guys Diablo gel wheel cleaner to clean the wheels.
Tires get coated with Tuff Shine tire clearcoat.

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
shocking to see that more people done't use the adams vrt tire shine. Stuff is great

How long will one if the 16oz $25 bottles last? I clean my truck once a week (usually) and apply tire wet only when needed.

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sonax Wheel cleaner for the wheels (safe on plastidip as well) and Adams All Purpose cleaner on the tires, then Adams SVRT for tire shine

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sorry, I don't think Cleaners and Dressing should be in the same poll, as they do two different things. I also don't see Surf City Garage in there, so I'll go ahead and throw our name in the hat as well. Of the stuff listed, I certainly prefer the below links. Easy to use, KILLER results, recipes designed by Dylan VonKleist so you know they will be durable and LOOK OUTSTANDING.

Surf City Professional APC Concentrate (4:1 for tires)

Surf City Professional Tire Dressing and Conditioner (can be gloss or matte...one bottle)

Last edited:

tdod101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The absolute best tire cleaner I ever used was eagle one tire shine. Used to be able to get it at Canadian tire but I havnt been able to find it lately. Was good for rims too

habeba86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sonax full effect or Meguiars apc+ for wheel cleaning
Meguiars apc+ for tires/fender wells cleaning
Optimum opti bond or cheap black magic tire foam
Opti coat and hydro2 for wheel protection

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sonax makes the best spray on wheel cleaner. Eagle 1 is a distant 2nd.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use dub. It's shines better and lasts longer then hot shine. If you wipe it, it does not sling.
print screen windows 7

Bfazona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the Stoner tire shine. Little to no sling, looks great and doesn't gum up on the following wash.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
speaking of wheel cleaning, I have what appears to be a paint/wax crayon residue on my wheel. Any suggestions on getting that junk off? it's like what they use on windows to mark stock numbers, etc on the vehicle.