Injectors 06 5.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CopperBeauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Mega Cab
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Was having problems with truck going into limp mode after I bought my truck 3 weeks ago. Dealer ran flow test, showed injector excessive fuel return, there gonna replace my injectors for me with whatever injectors I want. I'm new to diesels so any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
whats done to the truck? Stock turbo stock fuel system? What are your plans for the truck? Depending your your goals I would get in touch with a tuner that tunes EFI Live ( Anarchy Diesel Phil has been more than helpful, or Draconian diesel, Dave has great tunes ECM and TCM) then go from there.

OP
OP
C

CopperBeauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Mega Cab
Engine
5.9 Cummins
whats done to the truck? Stock turbo stock fuel system? What are your plans for the truck? Depending your your goals I would get in touch with a tuner that tunes EFI Live ( Anarchy Diesel Phil has been more than helpful, or Draconian diesel, Dave has great tunes ECM and TCM) then go from there.

everything is pretty much stock for now. Only thing not stock is exhaust system. I'd eventually like to put a better turbo, CAI, tuner, rebuild of tranny... Maybe more?? don't really know what all I could do with a Diesel. Always been a gas vehicle person.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
everything is pretty much stock for now. Only thing not stock is exhaust system. I'd eventually like to put a better turbo, CAI, tuner, rebuild of tranny... Maybe more?? don't really know what all I could do with a Diesel. Always been a gas vehicle person.

I would sit down and do some realistic mod planning ( wants vs what you are confident will happen). Maybe talk to one of the tuners I mentioned prior, tell them your goals and see what they recommend. CR injectors are not cheap so if you can get some that will support your power goals for free I would do it now.
Plan ahead because mods aren't cheap when it comes to diesels.