Please Welcome sPOD to RamForum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this mean that sPod is coming to RAM? Would be great to have an sPod to fit the switch blank in the middle of my '14 dash!

Last edited:

sPOD guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
sPOD and the RAM trucks.....

We manufacture power distribution and switch control systems for aftermarket electrical accessories.
Our systems were originally designed for 1997 - 2014 Jeep Wranglers, Toyota Tacoma's and FJ-Cruisers.
2014 will be our break-in to the truck market year. We have sold many systems to truck owners (Especially the RAM trucks) and have found out that there is a huge need for our products for trucks!
Below are the pictures of our current set-up. It's a pretty simple install and is considered more of a mechanical install as opposed to an electrical install. Just one small cable will go thru the firewall.
Basically our systems lay the foundation for aftermarket electrical accessory installations. We created an independent source/central location for powering and controlling these electrical accessories by keeping customers off the CAN-Bus system and OEM electrics! The only thing we share in common with the trucks electrical is the battery!
Let's say you purchased a set of off-road lights, they usually come with a relay, fuse and a switch. We supply all the mentioned items, so all that you have to do is cut that stuff off and take the two leads (positive and negative) wires directly from the lights and attach them directly to our Source (the relay/fuse box) and your done! No more running wires into the cab, no more cutting into the dash and no more finding a place to stash a relay and running multiple wires to the battery. Just pop the appropriate fuse in that location (we supply three 30AMP and three 15AMP fuses).
This system is so new that we have not even made the installation instruction yet! For those of you that are familiar with the sPOD, you can count on full color simple pictured instructions just like we use for the Jeeps.
Should I do it myself? - YouTube

Some videos
Videos

sPOD_RAM_Truck_System-1.JPG

sPOD_RAM_Truck_System-panel.jpg

sPOD_RAM_Truck_System-source-1.jpg

sPOD_RAM_Truck_System-Cable-pass-thru.jpg

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Nice!!!! And I just happen to have a 2014 JK that I'm doing up. A forum discount could come in handy.

Cormier3288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7-liter HEMI
Love the idea. Do you have a set up for 2011 Ram Outdoorsman Regular Cab?

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Love the idea. Do you have a set up for 2011 Ram Outdoorsman Regular Cab?

I believe this is the setup you are looking for...

20975d1390072117-please_welcome_spod_ramforum-spod_ram_truck_system-panel.jpg

Second photo in sPOD's post above...

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any more recent information from spod such as alternative switch mounting for those of us without a center console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@ sPOD, WELCOME TO THE RAM FORUM !
I have many uses for for your products as I'm certin many of us here will !
Glad to see you here Gentleman!

Oh and please have someone monitoring your Prefered Vendors thread , it seams this is lacking terribly with some of our Vendors.

hipnotikrcr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any more recent information from spod such as alternative switch mounting for those of us without a center console?

Before I swapped in the center console into my '14 Express, I had stored the switches for the sPod in the drawer that was at the bottom of the dash (I think the '12s and '13s had the cup holder there instead of the drawer).

picture.php

Depending on the look you were going for, another option would either be their new LCD switch panel or using the RAM mount switch panel. Possibly mount it using the Goat mount on the dash?

8 Circuit SE System w\Touchscreen for Universal Trucks

Universal with Ram Mount Switch Panel

Only downside is that it's $750 for this version (8 circuit with LCD touch panel) versus the $435 for the one I bought (6 circuit with mini bezel).

Last edited:

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the update.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread seems to be dead, but I looked at the 4x4spod.com site and there is nothing for the 2016 Ram 1500. I saw Tacoma and Tundra options, but that's all - not even an option for anything other than Toyota. Is the Ram now off of your support shelf?

Thanks

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The thread is over 4 years old so I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.