Wiper Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
OK. Just had this odd thing happen. I washed my 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab and got it all cleaned up. And as I'm blowing it off with a leaf blower that I've done a hundred times before. I kept noticing the wipers creeping up n down like they are on. And after about 15 minutes or so, they come on full up n down. As if I had them on. The issue is this. The truck is off and the keys are in my pocket. And the only way to stop them is to pull the fuse. Anyone know what might have caused this.

cardboard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang, how does something like this even begin to happen.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
The only thing I can come up with is I got water in the fuse box under the hood when I sprayed the engine off. It doesn't make sense. I pulled the fuse, ran the engine for about 2 hours with a heater blowing on it. And it fixed the problem.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
I'm all for cleainess but with all the sensitive electronics under the hood it's just not a good idea to soak then engine down. So many panels and connectors that just don't need water introduced into them.

ralphdees

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6 engine
Electronics under the hood? This has got to be the strangest car issue i heard today.

jafo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK. Just had this odd thing happen. I washed my 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab and got it all cleaned up. And as I'm blowing it off with a leaf blower that I've done a hundred times before. I kept noticing the wipers creeping up n down like they are on. And after about 15 minutes or so, they come on full up n down. As if I had them on. The issue is this. The truck is off and the keys are in my pocket. And the only way to stop them is to pull the fuse. Anyone know what might have caused this.

I'm new to the forums here but when washing under the hood with pretty much most trucks and cars, it's best to try and avoid directly spraying any electrical boxes too much. Water probably got into a control box and shorted it out temporarily. I've had times when doing this I had to let the vehicle sit and dry before it would start back up. So water can creep into a lot of places and cause problems. Just be careful how much water you put on electrical boxes.

I would check any covers to make sure there are no cracks or maybe warped covers that are not sealing. Call the dealer and see what they have to say also. They may be able to narrow it down for you. There could also be a connector loose.