Krc 210

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Hey Sean, am Considering picking up said Cam from another member but wanted to ask your thoughts on this Cam since you have successfully tamed it once in an 03 and needed to know if you would be willing to handle another tuning job.

I am currently happy with Cam install #4 (Stock to 6.1 to Crazy Spartan, back to 6.1 and now Mopar Performance) all on the SC.

I would use the DSP and am familiar with its limitations for the 03 and have enough ability to send/email a datalog based on previous experiences dealing with Inertia for the DSP Tune on the Crazy Spartan I swapped Into my LX Magnum last year.

The 2 deciding factors are Octane (Probably need it done on a 91 at (Minimum) and will this Cam with all its torque behave well when towing my 34 foot Trailer at 6855 Lbs Dry-Weight. I think you are familiar with my set-up and i already have the required supporting Mods less the Ported TB as it was throwing the truck into limpe mode too often....

I welcome your Opinion on the Towing Part and please PM me an estimate on what the start-up tune would run me and cost of subsequent required revisions.

There would be no Rush on the Tune as I would be looking at the end summer fall for this swap with an almost new set of stock heads to be installed with the usual 6.1 valve pieces and modify the cat area of my exhaust to improve flow.

I value your opinion and that will weigh on my decision weather or not to purchase Cam and rip apart the Ol Girl for a 5th Time.

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea as ur aware the '03 is a bear to tune with some of the more challenging cam. This is a challenging one but I've done it twice on the '03 and it usually ends up working. No guarantees though. It's a very tq'y cam if you are getting the 110 lsa model and it'll tow better than the other cams you mentioned imo.

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Thanks Sean, Yes I know with the 03's its hit and Miss! and Yeah 110+4.